Technical Amber Lights on Right (passenger) Side only will not turn off

Currently reading:
Technical Amber Lights on Right (passenger) Side only will not turn off

ByronW

Not sure when this started as it is my wife's car, however, these lights remaining on killed the battery (old anyway); so replaced it and these three amber lights on the right side of the car (front turn, side marker, rear turn) all remain on.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Has your Mrs inadvertantly activated the parking light function. Check indicators are off, switch off lights and turn off ignition. Also try disconnecting teh battery for 30 minutes and see if this resets it.

Dont trust what you see! I have had brake pedal activated light switches messing up things I wouldnt believe,

This may be a short circuit in the lights but does not sound entirely likely. If If you have a volt meter / mltimeter you could try seeing if you can identify which wire is live causing the bulb to light and careful inspection might show what the wire is supposed to do. This may give further pointers as to what is at the other end of the live source and the possible cause of the live state. You could also see if removing the relevant fuse of the lit bulb(s) stops the lights or not.

I suspect the fault is at the front of the car more than the back. PArk light switch / function,, brake light pedal switch, but if there is a broken wire somewhere it will be harder to ID I would recommend MES or dealer diagnostic as this is most likely to identify the fault. These things are more often not massive issues to resolve.

Wish it had been that simple...the body control unit had failed so replaced it. Interestingly, her rear hatch lift hadn't been working and now it does, mechanic said not related but who knows lol.

Battery was replaced (as it was time), and was out for 2 hours...

Back