Currently reading:
Am I doing it all wrong?

Hi All,

Basically this is what happens when I wash car:

1. Rinse with water and dirty sponge
2. Rinse with some car shampoo and clean sponge
3. Dry with chamois leather
4. Wax/Polish with showroom shine using wax applicator and microfiber

Thats it for the car, however, I question what I'm doing after seeing loads of posts such as (winter wax coat, and summer wax coat etc). I do that everytime I wash the car!!!

Advice here is appreciated :)

Hi All,

Basically this is what happens when I wash car:

1. Rinse with water and dirty sponge
2. Rinse with some car shampoo and clean sponge
3. Dry with chamois leather
4. Wax/Polish with showroom shine using wax applicator and microfiber

Thats it for the car, however, I question what I'm doing after seeing loads of posts such as (winter wax coat, and summer wax coat etc). I do that everytime I wash the car!!!

Advice here is appreciated :)

Simple answer yes.:p

More complicated answer: https://www.fiatforum.com/car-care/188996-basic-guide-how-clean-your-car.html

Anything else feel free to ask.(y)

Dom

I'm a first time driver, first car being a GP 1.4 my dad has taught me most of the things I need to know when washing and looking after my car, basically I do things in this order

1.) Using a hosepipe on a slow running setting I hose off the worst of the muck/filth.
2.) Get two buckets one with car shampoo and one with clean water.
3.) Using a washmit dip it into the shampoo bucket, then start with one panel i.e the roof (always work top - down)
4.) Rinse the washmit in the clean water.
5.) Repeat steps 3 - 4 until all panels/sections are done
6.) Rinse the car using clean water to ensure all of the shampoo is off the car.
7.) Change your bucket with the clean water (with more clean water)
8.) Get a chamois leather, dip into the clean water then ring it out just so there is enough water left in it to make sure it moves across the car smoothly.
9.) Work around the car making sure it is all dry.

Now when it comes to waxing/polish I don't do it every time I wash the car maybe every other time.

Thanks for the replies, you all deserved thanks lol ;)

The thing is, I just love how I dont have to care about not drying it properly because the polish/wax always removes any water marks etc.

Suppose I better invest in some more cleaning stuff. Only got one bucket :( and being parked on a car park means i cant use a hose

Thanks for the replies, you all deserved thanks lol ;)

The thing is, I just love how I dont have to care about not drying it properly because the polish/wax always removes any water marks etc.

Suppose I better invest in some more cleaning stuff. Only got one bucket :( and being parked on a car park means i cant use a hose

When I get a free Sunday I'll invite you round for a crash course in car cleaning mate.:D

Dom

Back