General Alternator

Currently reading:
General Alternator

Hagey4

How's things? Think the alternator has packed it in on my 2008 Grande Punto. 130bhp model. Just wondering what spec is the alternator and where is the best place to get one? Any help/links are much appreciated! Cheers....

Best to get the part number of the original or use the following to identify:
http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...INT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&WINDOW_ID=1&GUI_LANG=3

Do not go for an aftermarket or cheap brand. Use OE or you will suffer from warning lights on dash. I recently got a Denso one from eBay brand new for a good price.(£112 rather than the £457 fiat quoted).

I would also look into replacing the bonnet drain to the new modified one, as this will prevent water that flows directly into the alternator (known issue).

Cheers

How's things? Think the alternator has packed it in on my 2008 Grande Punto. 130bhp model. Just wondering what spec is the alternator and where is the best place to get one? Any help/links are much appreciated! Cheers....

If your Grande is a 1.9 diesel then it's either:

120amp alternator Fiat Part Number 73503235 or Denso DAN513.

or

100amp alternator Fiat Part Number 51764265 or Denso DAN994

Cheers gents! Slackyaudi, have you any links to the eBay one for me? How will I know what amp the alternator is aswel? Where can I find the spec of my vehicle to confirm this? Cheers....

Back