alternator

Currently reading:
alternator

tomgeorge

Hi i have a punto 1910cc jtd ,2005 and need an alternator
can anyone advice me if any other year or make will fit mine
i do not have the money for a new one
so hoping to get a recondition one thanks

hi buddy just a little question has yours seized or is it just knackered?
because i got back off my holiday of 3 weeks and when i started my engine there was ALOT of squeeling then a cloud of white smoke that made you feel sick :yuck::yuck: i opened the bonnet to find my alternator belt had snapped and my alternator had seized. so i took the car to the local dealership and they gave me prices and all that jazz but they also gave me a number to call. basically the alternators are a big problem on these cars because of where they are placed and the rain water drops through the scuttle panel straight onto the alternator. but fiat released a modification to redirect the water. so i rang up the number they gave me and basically what they said they would do was cover ALL of my labour costs as it is there fault but wont admit full liability. in the end i had to buy an alternator (£181 + VAT) one of my tensioners had knackered aswel (£53 + VAT) and a new belt (£13 + VAT) (THESE ARE PRICES FOR AN AIRCONDITIONED MODEL) but the price they quoted me for an alternator for a car WITHOUT aircon was £121 + VAT for an exchange.

00800 34280000

dont be alarmed at the number it is correct its a free number to call from a land line it is fiats customer care and if you explain your situation then they may be able to give you a helping hand cost wise. ringing them saved me over £100 in labour and also they supplied me with the new modification and fitted free of charge so it wouldnt happen again.

hope this helps if not sorry for wasting 5 minutes of you rlife reading my essay :D:D

Back