Technical Alternator or God knows what...

Currently reading:
Technical Alternator or God knows what...

Here it goes. Fiat Brava 1.6 16v year:1996. Last week a guiding weel from the APS, Alternator and water pump belt broke down (bearing exploded). The belt on it's way out took down the AC belt. So i bought a new guiding weel mounted it put on the belts at the right tension. All went fine, except the cold i have faced. Yesterday the battery light camed on. The strange thing it's that after i have reved it once above 3000 it went off. Today jumped in the car same thing in idle battery light on after a quick rev to 3000 light wents off. I get on my way and after 2 miles the gauges are dead, and car starts to choke, and finally dies (interior lights, road lights, dash lights, everything dead). It's a bit akward, cause after i have charged the battery for half an hour, it started, battery light on, revd it, battery light off, and kept it going for 1 hour with road lights, fog lights, stereo, demister, interior lights on (like a Christmas tree) and nothing happened, the car raned fine not a twich. Can someone pls help me sort this out. :bang:

Thanks for the posting. Got angry today and had a go at it. Tried to remove the alternator, didn't manage to cause the lower screw is stiff like hell. But finally i found out the problem. The cable that goes to the positive pole is half snaped. So i know what to do. I found it with a multimeter. Checked the battery with the engine out 12.2 V. Then with the engine on 11.2 V, then touched the wire while the engine in idle, and bang 13.8 V. So got it Thanks a lot again.

Back