Technical Is there more than one alternator for the 1.2 16v Bravo?

Currently reading:
Technical Is there more than one alternator for the 1.2 16v Bravo?

Bruno Dog

Hi

I just bought a new alternator for my Y/01 1.2 16v Bravo Formula from a well known parts company using my registration. Had no problems swapping them over until I noticed that the pulleys didn't line up I needed to use the car so had to run it eventually it shredded the belt. Just wondered if anyone knew of more than one alternator maybe with a different length shaft, it looks like there are two listed on eper but that dosen't say if they are different.

The main issue I have is the alternator is a swap part so I can't check it against the old one and when I collected it I checked the mountings and connections but never gave a thought to checking the length.

If anyone has any knowledge please let me know as I'm worried I won't be able to get my old alternator back.

Thanks.

I "think" there may be different ones.

I know that on the mk1 punto 1.2 16v (same as the bravo), there is a difference to some mk2 puntos, stilos etc in the crank pulley setup and crank position sensors pickup area, which makes the alternator belt need to sit further out, which in turn means the alternator would need to sit further out or have its pulley sit further out to match it.

I think it's something to do if whether the car has air con or not. Not 100% but it seems cars with it have the setup with the alt belt further out and non AC models have everything tucked further in.

Seems to be an awkward time around Fiats production for that kind of thing as there are quite a few variations of parts like that from what i could find when i was converting my cinq to 1.2 16v.

Thanks for the replies phoned them this morning and they think the alternator will have been packaged wrong but I'm not so sure, have told me to take it back and they will swap but unfortunately my alternator has left the building and they don't think they can get it back.

I have a feeling it could be to do with a 65 amp and a 60 amp alternator but not Sure.

As far as Cf2 and cf3 not sure which motor I have would be nice if its cf3 but that could also be the problem.

I'll give them the chassis number when I get there see if that makes a difference like we did in the old days lol.

Last edited:
One thing I forgot to mention is mine was a hella and so is the new one which gives me more cause for concern.

Also while I'm on just noticed a wire hanging it has blue plastic on the end and one short metal pin thats all, its between the crank pulley and power steering pump, which is near the area i have been working in any ideas found it bouncing on power steering belt and not seen it before I can't see anywhere it pushes in.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Finally got replacement today turns out the one I had was labelled and boxed wrong at source, also they threw in a free alternator belt to replace the shredded one, nice one Europart.

Back