Technical Alloy wheels fitment

Currently reading:
Technical Alloy wheels fitment

JonPiz

Just saw this picture on Facebook. How do I get these wheel to fit in my 500R.
1702832786638.png
1702832786638.png

Just saw this picture on Facebook. How do I get these wheel to fit in my 500R. View attachment 434873View attachment 434873
Your 500R will have the standard 500s wheel bolt pattern of a 'wheel bolt at each corner'---a 190pcd. The wheels on this car have a 98pcd wheel bolt pattern, which was the standard Fiat wheel bolt pattern---600s, 850s and---- Mk2 126 models. I don't think that you can get adapters (least wise, I have never seen or heard of them) that will allow 98pcd wheels to be fitted to cars with 190pcd wheel fitments. The only way that I know of getting around the problem is to fit the complete hub set, front and rear, off a MK2 126. (NOTE---NOT the 595cc Mk 1 models, they used the same 190pcd wheel bolt pattern as the 500)This is not a difficult job as on the rear the 126 hubs are a a straight swap with the 500 units. On the front, similar, with the added bonus of MUCH bigger wheel bearing in the 126 hub. They are a straight swap with regard to fitment to the top wishbones and the transverse spring. Living in Essex you have 126 breaker not too far from you, just outside Sudbury----LP Garage. Lucasz Reszczynski owns and runs the business, and all his details are on line. I have done a lot of business with Lucasz---if you wish to use my name (Tom Montagu) as an 'introduction' reference feel free to do so.

Your 500R will have the standard 500s wheel bolt pattern of a 'wheel bolt at each corner'---a 190pcd. The wheels on this car have a 98pcd wheel bolt pattern, which was the standard Fiat wheel bolt pattern---600s, 850s and---- Mk2 126 models. I don't think that you can get adapters (least wise, I have never seen or heard of them) that will allow 98pcd wheels to be fitted to cars with 190pcd wheel fitments. The only way that I know of getting around the problem is to fit the complete hub set, front and rear, off a MK2 126. (NOTE---NOT the 595cc Mk 1 models, they used the same 190pcd wheel bolt pattern as the 500)This is not a difficult job as on the rear the 126 hubs are a a straight swap with the 500 units. On the front, similar, with the added bonus of MUCH bigger wheel bearing in the 126 hub. They are a straight swap with regard to fitment to the top wishbones and the transverse spring. Living in Essex you have 126 breaker not too far from you, just outside Sudbury----LP Garage. Lucasz Reszczynski owns and runs the business, and all his details are on line. I have done a lot of business with Lucasz---if you wish to use my name (Tom Montagu) as an 'introduction' reference feel free to do so.
Thank you for this, it’s very helpful

Back