Alarm with immobiliser fitting

Currently reading:
Alarm with immobiliser fitting

Werner

I am just wondering if anyone could help me. I want to fit an alarm system with immobiliser to my fiat punto Mk1, I have asked a friend and he said its a bit tricky as you have to cut the ignition cable to fit the immobiliser.
Could anyone help me to fit the system. Any diagrams will be very helpful.
Also, if anyone knows of someone in the portsmouth area who would be able to help me, please let me know and the estimate cost if knows.
Many thanks
Werner

Thanks, iv had a look at the diagram, but it is not that much use to me. I know very little about setting up the alarm system and so diagrams will be very usefull.
Thanks
Werner

its very easy, usually you cut the ignition wire and connect both ends of the cut wire to the 2 immob circuit wires on your immob contoller. on some immobs it recommends you use the wiring on the starter motor or fuel pump, but even these type can be used on the ignition instead. think of the immob as a switch you can place on any wire, and the switch will only be in the 'on' position when the immob is diabled. which wire you choose to use the immob on doesnt really matter as long as it stops the car starting, choosing the wire that is eaisest to access is usually the best option (usually ignition), making sure you chop it in a difficult place for a thief to find.

most alarm places can supply and fit an insurance approved immob & alarm for £100-150. if you arent confident with wiring and you dont like wiring diagram then this may be a better option, plus your insurance will drop if the alarm is profesisonally fitted (need receipt for insurance company) so it pays for itself in the long run.

Back