Styling alarm system

Currently reading:
Styling alarm system

R12MUS

Established member
hey guys

i just recieved my alarm system today and i read what it can do ... and it sounds awsome!!!

it has so many things it can do

it as this car finder which i av never heard of before lol :p

and it as a remote start (y)

it has lots of other things too

now my question is...

i av been told that a remote start is bad for the car and can f**k things up

is this true?

and is it going to be hard to install this alarm?

and if i remote start it.. do i need to put the key in the ignition to drive off or can i just have it somewhere in the car?

thanks

Remus

how are you going to remote start without the immobilisor transponder being disabled? :chin:
also you need the key in the ignition for the steering lock
hard to fit is a relative term to your ability really

tbh with u m8 i dont av a clue wat to do and how to fit it yet lol

im at work for 3 days so i will only be able to fit it on fri unles i try in the dark tongiht lol.

all it says on the booklet is that u av to disarm the alarm and push and hold this button for 2 secs and the engine will start but its an optional thing but its only gona be a few wires so y not do it :)

Remus

Even if you pass the imobilizer, whos gonna put gearbox in neutral? :D
The car will start jumping, and maybe start and then might go away :D
And there is a plenty job to get done, and you dont sound stupid but I dont think youll manage it taking in mind your previous posts (y)

Have you seen new BMW comercial for automatic parking? You get out of the car and it goes inside the garage itself, and if you pass 2 cars with space between em, it notices, and you can park it between without using steering wheel or anything :D
Personally it sounds stupid, if you cant park, you shouldnt be allowed to drive imo

Am I missing something? Youre all talking abbout automatic transmision or...?
Who will press the clutch and hold it, or put the gearbox in neutral before cranking???

because you have a transponder immobiliser.
meaning the key has to be in the ingnition to disable the immobiliser
so remote start wont work

unless you negate the transponder but for a gimmick i wouldnt bother

lol ok then thanks for that i no not to bother

thanks

remus

Even if you pass the imobilizer, whos gonna put gearbox in neutral? :D
The car will start jumping, and maybe start and then might go away :D
And there is a plenty job to get done, and you dont sound stupid but I dont think youll manage it taking in mind your previous posts (y)

Have you seen new BMW comercial for automatic parking? You get out of the car and it goes inside the garage itself, and if you pass 2 cars with space between em, it notices, and you can park it between without using steering wheel or anything :D
Personally it sounds stupid, if you cant park, you shouldnt be allowed to drive imo

ok i guess i wont bother cos its too much hassel i thought that it would be gd if it was easy and it would be a kl lil gadget but tbh i just want an alarm with a remote locking

thanks

remus

hold on u put it in gear as well as puting the handbrake on??? i just put the handbrake on and without putin it in gear!!

When downhill I put it in reverse (or first).
When uphill I put it in first.
On flat I put it in first.

I turn the wheels to something that will stop the car if it moves, such as sidewalk.

I never pull the handbrake, except when on really steep downhill or something...
I pull it once in a while to keep it working dough..

I even go so far that if on a steep downhill i put it in gear, let go of the clutch and wigle myself in drivers seat back and forward so it moves that extra bit, then I pull the handbrake :eek:

Last edited:
Back