alarm help

Currently reading:
alarm help

c70rsa08

i bought a fiat punto yesterday with delocked doors . it has a microscan talking alarm. everthing works but i cannot got the central locking to work . so i cannot lock the car.. help please.

far too little information.

So the cars unlocked and the remote doesn't work?

Have you checked the battery on the remote, have you checked the alarms not been unplugged?

the alarm works. the remote works the imobilliser but i cannot get it to work the central locking

i bought a fiat punto yesterday with delocked doors . it has a microscan talking alarm. everthing works but i cannot got the central locking to work . so i cannot lock the car.. help please.

If you sit in the car close the doors and lock it manually with the drivers door button does it lock all the doors ?(I'm assuming its got factory central locking ?)
Not conclusive but if it works it would point at the alarm/alarm wiring being at fault.

This type or alarm?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MICROSCAN-AN3...temQQimsxq20091020?IMSfp=TL091020012003r28033

Does say central locking output. Also being delocked it must have a way to lock/unlock both doors from the outside, so car must have central locking.

as suggested lock the car from inside if they haven't removed the locking mechanism from inside.

Also worth checking if it doesn't do both ( wont unlock as well )

check your fuses. on the mk2 it says F38/F37 but wont do any harm checking them all.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you sit in the car close the doors and lock it manually with the drivers door button does it lock all the doors ?(I'm assuming its got factory central locking ?)
Not conclusive but if it works it would point at the alarm/alarm wiring being at fault.

yes my car does have central locking

when i leave my windows open and arm the car it closes the windows . so could i move the wires from the windows to the central locking ?

This type or alarm?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MICROSCAN-AN312-TALKING--CAR-ALARM-+-IMMOBILISER--NEW_W0QQitemZ170373705959QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091020?IMSfp=TL091020012003r28033

Does say central locking output. Also being delocked it must have a way to lock/unlock both doors from the outside, so car must have central locking.

as suggested lock the car from inside if they haven't removed the locking mechanism from inside.

Also worth checking if it doesn't do both ( wont unlock as well )

check your fuses. on the mk2 it says F38/F37 but wont do any harm checking them all.

i think its that alarm but im not 100% sure as i didnt get it fitted the last owner did

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
You need to check if that alarm has an additional module for the windows. There should be two wires from the main control unit connected to the Central locking. These will reverse polarity to lock and unlock.

If there is no seperate module for the windows, it could be that the Central Locking control wires have been connected to the windows incorrectly.

Its a shame you dont live nearer as I could have had a look for you, as I have fitted a few alarms over the years.

You need to check if that alarm has an additional module for the windows. There should be two wires from the main control unit connected to the Central locking. These will reverse polarity to lock and unlock.

If there is no seperate module for the windows, it could be that the Central Locking control wires have been connected to the windows incorrectly.

Its a shame you dont live nearer as I could have had a look for you, as I have fitted a few alarms over the years.

The central locking from the Microscan will be a seperate module or low neg from alarm this would do the locking
windows are a totally seperate module and could not be fitted the wrong way round without massive problems
and central locking could not do windows
Your car works on neg pulse so have a look for control modules inside car and see what they say on them
Ian

Back