Technical Alarm central locking.....

Currently reading:
Technical Alarm central locking.....

LanciaMad

Established member
Fitted an alarm to my sei today, everything works bar the central locking bit. I read the bit on the FAQ bit but Ive done everything right as far as i can see. There are only two wires I have connected to with the alarm loom. In the instructions there are loads of different types of central locking some using only two wires others using up to six! Anyone help me?

CDL Lock Wire:​
BLUE/WHITE

CDL Unlock Wire:​
WHITE/RED

CDL Pulse Type:​
NEGATIVE

CDL Location:​
LOCATED IN HARNESS TO DRIVERS
DOOR

just match this up to wires on your alarm system

Hang on, think I may be beintg a bit daft, is it common for an alarm to come with the central locking bit de activated, I might have to activate that function...

LanciaMad said:
Fitted an alarm to my sei today, everything works bar the central locking bit. I read the bit on the FAQ bit but Ive done everything right as far as i can see. There are only two wires I have connected to with the alarm loom. In the instructions there are loads of different types of central locking some using only two wires others using up to six! Anyone help me?

You need to check if the alarm gives a positive or negative pulse. ie: +12v or 0v. You need a 0v pulse.

Sorted it guys, the cobra specific instructions for the seicento were slightly different to what they should have been.

Two extra wires from the alarm loom needed to be earthed. Wonder if the central locking is slightly different between the spi and mpi? nevermind, now sorted. Lock goes up, lock goes down. Lock goes up, lock goes down. Lock goes up, lock goes down. :D

mase said:
and how would u suggest this is done? as there are 2 wires coming from the alarm, so how are u supposed to connect them to wires in the drivers loom and the passengers loom? :confused:

LanciaMad said:
Sorted it guys, the cobra specific instructions for the seicento were slightly different to what they should have been.

Two extra wires from the alarm loom needed to be earthed. Wonder if the central locking is slightly different between the spi and mpi? nevermind, now sorted. Lock goes up, lock goes down. Lock goes up, lock goes down. Lock goes up, lock goes down. :D

that will be 4 then ;)
even if it didnt the CL is split via the 2 sides so you could just cut into the 2 wires to extend to do the other side

Last edited:
that will be 4 then
even if it didnt the CL is split via the 2 sides so you could just cut into the 2 wires to extend to do the other side

I only had to connect to one sides lock and un lock, the other two went to earth. If you push one side down the other side goes down automatically, hence central locking.

Back