Technical Airconditioning according to fiat technical

Currently reading:
Technical Airconditioning according to fiat technical

Haybe

My 500 has been in the garage 3 times because of a whistling sound when the air con is on setting 1. They've re charged it and changed a valve. Today they inform me that this is just how they sound and they wouldn't be undertaking any further warranty work. This is the first time they've told me this! I basically have been told to lump it. I've never heard anything like it.

Any body else have the same problem?

Recording of the sound please. We have no idea what the sound is so can't say whether it's normal or not

As 306Maxi says.

Some noises are normal, as the gas circulates and expands and is compressed. If it is only there on the first fan setting, this could be because you can't hear it above the fan noise, or the system is working harder and compressing continuously in this hot weather.

Odd they tried to mend it if it is normal.

I can't say I've ever heard a whistling sound, whether the aircon is on low or high fan setting. I've had my 500 for over a year now so I'm sure I would've noticed a weird sound by now. I use my air con about 50% of the time during the relatively mild winter here in Sydney, but use it pretty much 100% of the time during summer.

Back