Technical Aircon problem

Currently reading:
Technical Aircon problem

for the love of **** all!

i was reading some stuff on fiatboo and found this:

http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/run-a-bravo.htm

quote:
Layout - Fuse Box B (Dashboard bottom right R/H Drive - opposite on L/H Drive behind cover)

1a 1p
2a 2p
3a 3p
4a 4p
5a 5p
6a 6p

now, to you who read my other topic, you'll notice that for my marea, 1a is burnt. If i look on fiatboo this is what it states:

Preheating Glow Plugs Relay (JTD) 7.5 1A
Electronic Alarm System +15 Signal 7.5 1A
Climate Control, Compressor Relay Coil 7.5 1A
EGR System 7.5 1A
Reverse Light 7.5 1A
Batter Rack Harness For Air Con 7.5 1A

****it, ill replace it and tell you what happens...

bulldog5046 said:
that would appear to be your compressor, it seems to have the associated pipes/valves, i assume your altenator it round the back of the engine? because thats where my altenator is lol (below the compressor)
Dont know darent look incase it isnt there

Hi,
Not sure if it helps, but here is some information on the necessary items the aircon activation needs before the compressor will activate.

- Outside temperature plausible, and above 3°C
- Temperature at evaporator ("cold" part of A/C system inside car, which -provides all the lovely cool air) is higher than 3°C (to prevent icing).
- Driver request on (you push the A/C on button)
- Sufficient aircon gas pressure (via pressure switch - located in front of passenger side wheel arch)
- Low speed radiator fan functioning (large resisitor pack in radiator gives low speed fan function- check this as it can burn out)

- Once all of these are ok, then it pulls the compressor clutch in, and the system starts to work.

You can hear the compressor cut it normally. If you have aircon on, and sit at idle, and cannot occasionally hear the compressor cut in then one of the items above is most likely at fault.

Good luck

well, at last i fixed it. Been driving around some days without being able to fix it. Just got some new fuses, popped it in, and expected it to blow immediatly. It statyed good and my aircon works like a charm again :D tnx for all the help here :)

had a good read of these air con probelms

my air con don't work also, so the guide to what happens when is good place to start, thanks
did the code check thing it comes up with cli 00 so that means no fault,
does that then indicate its lack of coolant ? i have not refilled the gas (had the car 2yrs)

i dont want to take it to air con guys to fill up gas then find its something else
so is there any way i can check out the system at home ?
thanks guys

had another look at all the air con posts

is there a way to test or jumper out the pressure switch on the air con to see if the air con works, (if not working then this would indicate low gas/no gas or pressure switch fault-providing its gets the electric supply from the main switch)

it appears a lot of us are getting the same problems with air con
once we get a way to test system at home with multimeters etc, we should put it as a stickie

*update*

i just regassed my aircon and its fine, dunno if it leaking or not yet but its working a treat.

i bought a can of regassing stuff from halfords after it was a booming success on FCCUK, it cost me £39.99 (so cheaper than a guy) and took a few minutes to do.

i will add i had to press the nozzle on harder with the hand as it wasnt filling the system just with its own locking doodle.

Good luck all! (y)

Hi Yuri, the seals will perish unless the a/c is used at least weekly; if the pressure is low due to loss of gas the sensor will detect this and not switch on the compressor; regassing is expensive; my wife's er... tigra a/c failed recently; I bought a kit (pressure gauge, hose, leak sealant & seal rejuvenator plus 2 cans of coolant) for less than the cost of one regas; try eBay (stotty1943); a/c now works fine; just make sure you connect to the low pressure side.
regards,
tinytim

just had my marea regassed £40
worked ok for that day
tried it yesterday , no cold air coming out, just warm

checked marea147 post earlier in this section and the compressor runs,

there appears to be a small leak on the condenser (will check tonight)
as i can see a damp patch on the plastic gaurd under the engine, it feels oily,
the pipe into the passenger compartment is cool but not cold

i think that the warm air being blow into the car (when aircon switched on)
is the air thats blow across the cold pipe from the air con unit

does this make sense?

would a small leak in condenser raise the temp of the air con?

I have a 2.0 litre 20 Valve with the same problem.A leak however tiny will eventually reduce the cooling effect. I have located my leak which degassed the system within 24 hours of regas.After ensuring the system is gas free I have removed the leaking condenser radiator and found a slight crack at the pipe joint on the condenser rad. Either a repair or replacement will be needed and I am sourcing replacement on the internet. So far cost of replacement £134 incl P andP and VAT.
The condensor took about 2 hrs to remove, bumper off, underskirts off, lights detached but is now back together less condenser.

Back