aircon controls?

Currently reading:
aircon controls?

B

brian

Hi guys, (and girls!)

Just a quick question. I went to view a bravo 1.6 gt today (apparently its what HLX were badged as over here in Ireland). I was expecting it to have aircon, and for there to be a button/dial somewhere obvious. The heater/fan controls were the exact same as my 1.2 SX. I'm presuming this means it doesn't have aircon? Both cars are mk2 btw. It had other HLX bits like fogs, elec mirrors & sunroof, ABS and hlx spec alloys.

This could be a deal breaker to be honest! Could anyone with aircon in a mk2 post up a pic (or a link to a pic) of their dash so I can compare?

Cheers.

Hello
Check for an air-con condenser(looks like a radiator) in front of the radiator. I dont have acess to pictures at the moment but it would have different heater controls that include an on-off aircon button.
If its originally an Irish car then its highly unlikely to have aircon.

Ned

i had a HLX/GT MK1 and to be fair i had sunroof, no aircon,
mk1 or mk2 had either sunroof or aircon, some of the rarer models had both, so to be honest you`ll be lucky if it has aircon if its got a sunroof,
i wouldn`t give up on it if it hasn`t got aircon, could be a good motor you never know!

if it has aircon it should have buttons under the heater controls instead of a slider control (above the ash tray)

hope this helps

Bravo GT Status: Gone and unknown since February 2008
My Bravo 1.8GT, Scratchy, R202 HHP

just had a look in the press section and in the buyers guide, its an option on the mk1 and mk2 bravos 1.8 only according to the brochures, however with it bein a GT/HLX you should have as standard heated front seats, bear in mind tho that the drivers side might not work, mine didn`t
newer cars cars nowadays have aircon as standard tbh so it could be an option that didn`t happen for the bravo your lookin at

Bravo GT Status: Gone and unknown since February 2008
My Bravo 1.8GT, Scratchy, R202 HHP

Cheers for the replies. As i thought really. The only thing bothering me now is that it has a few scuffs and marks on the body and doesn't have NCT (MOT to you guys!). It failed on the emissions but I'm not sure by how much. I'll try find out and then make a decision.

Am I right in assuming that if it only failed by a bit then it'll most likely not be a big fix, and may even just need a good blast on a motorway to clear all the gunk out, but if its way off it could need a new cat?

hi there i also own a gt 1.6i mine doesnt have air con or sunroof but it does have heated seatts , light washers electric mirrors/windows etc

Heres a pic of my 01 heater control panel. To be honest your probably better off without aircon. Its one more thing to go wrong, adds weight to the front, increases fuel consumption when on and you dont really need it here in Ireland. Plus on my jtd the condenser is in the way of a Front-mount intercooler conversion.

IMG_4804Small.jpg

As for the emmisions fail its hard to know, could be something simple or major. Do you have any figures?

Cheers for the pic. It definitely doesn't have aircon.

Main thing I was concerned about after that is the emissions. Don't have the spare cash at the moment to take on what could potentially be a project, so decided against it. Just going to try get my hands on a few panels to fix mine up.

Ned, any clue where I'd find a red bravo breaking in Ireland?! Dublin area if possible!

Best bet is to get the phone book out and locate local scrapyards! Also have a look on ebay.ie and ebay.co.uk

You could also post an advertisement on talkfiat.net

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.