Idle control valve 1.2 16v

Currently reading:
Idle control valve 1.2 16v

A

adam

Hi guys Im a newbie on here, just bought a bravo 80 which has erratic idle, revs rise to nearly 4k then drop back down, then back up again. Ive cleaned the throttle butterfly and idle control valve but its no better. Any ideas where i can get a new ICV from? they seem crazy expensive and not many later type ones on ebay etc.

I have the same issue, how is the temperature gauge? Could be the temp sensor sending incorrect signals to the ecu which can result in erratic idling.

Other than that if you HAVE to replace the ICV I'm afraid it may be a case of bite the bullet and replace it with a new one. If you get one from a scrappy you may get lucky but it could also be worse than the one you currently have.

Hope this helps.

idle control

Thanks for the reply, temperature gauge seems fairly normal i guess, I have checked loads of scrap yards but none have that engine/throttle body fitted. Fiat want 232 quid plus vat for a new one which is more than i paid for the car! Its in fantastic condition and needs nothing else really, so im determined to keep searching.
No-one ever got a prize for having the nicest car in the scrap yard!