Technical Airbox rubber seal

Currently reading:
Technical Airbox rubber seal

Baglady1990

One job always leads to another
I noticed the other day when reversing a bit of a judder .. then when setting off a lack of power
You know what it’s like … most of us drive our 500s every day so you become somewhat in tune with your car
Something was off!!
Investigation under the bonnet .. my airbox was up a little at the rear pushed it back and thought huh
Went for a coffee then got the tools out … turned out to be a split seal .. luckily I had a new one on my second airbox (I keep spares don’t ask ) then managed to fine another on eBay so again I have a spare!
It’s such an easy thing to miss … but could be causing issues with your car!

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpeg
    IMG_6155.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
I noticed the other day when reversing a bit of a judder .. then when setting off a lack of power
You know what it’s like … most of us drive our 500s every day so you become somewhat in tune with your car
Something was off!!
Investigation under the bonnet .. my airbox was up a little at the rear pushed it back and thought huh
Went for a coffee then got the tools out … turned out to be a split seal .. luckily I had a new one on my second airbox (I keep spares don’t ask ) then managed to fine another on eBay so again I have a spare!
It’s such an easy thing to miss … but could be causing issues with your car!
There is a seller on e-bay "robustcarparts) that sells one listed for Fiat DOBLO part number 71748095 it exactly the same as the one on the 500 1.2 if you need a new one!

That's handy as my boys one is split too. 👍
If they are split and you cant source a replacement at the time!- as long as the rubber is not actually seperating then you can make a temp repair by coating the gap with rtv instant gasket! need to let it cure before refitting the part though!

Back