Technical Airbag

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag

JOHN COOPER

Hi over the last few days i have the airbag failure warning come on for a while then go off , checked the conections they seems fine any idears anyone.

If you've got ECUscan there might be something useful stored in that.

Any airbag warning is probably worth a trip to a dealer as it could be pretty dangerous.

Having said that I've got a Citroen Picasso which had an airbag warning and the "pre dealer check" test was to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and then reconnect the battery. Happily it worked.

The Alfa GT had a coomon fault with the airbag light. mostly due to a wire under the seat being trapped. On mine just moving the wire cured it.

Same problem / solution with the Picasso. Apparently it takes 15 minutes with the battery disconnected for the Picasso's airbag deployment to discharge.

There are a bunch of wires under the drvers seat in my 8v Croma but don't know what they are for. Looks similar to the Picasso though.

Don't know how much of this would be relevant to the Croma though.

Certainly I wouldn't go anywhere near the airbags without the battery having been disconnected for ages.

Thanks for your replys its booked in to have it checked out as were going on our hols end of july , warning just says airbag failure.

Hi John, good luck, fingers crossed it's not too expensive.

Please post back and let us know what the outcome is.

Had it checked at dealer no fault found, however while having a look myself every thing seemed to be alright then the wife says it comes on when going round a left hand bend the only possible problem i could find was right rear door had a fair amont of water init drained it took panel off cleaned it all and no more warning light so i hope that is it for now.:)

Back