Technical Airbag ecu

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag ecu

Ever since my 'accident' the airbag light has stayed on. I plugged Multiecuscan in to get a fault code, but it won't connect. Does anyone know where the ecu is located so that I can check the connections, or would disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes sort the problem? It connects to the other ecu's ok.

Hi Halison- I have had a look in my "book of Knowledge":confused: which says that there are side collision sensors in the door pillars which are used to set off the airbags on that side. As your bump is across the rear door pillar it may have noticed this in the crash control module but not deployed the airbags because the car was stationary and the engine not running.
As you may know i`m all for easy things first so I would try the battery disconnect first(y).
I can scan and load up the two pages from the manual if you fail to clear it .

Thanks, I will try that tonight. There is a 2nd hand ecu on eBay but not sure if you can just swap them over? Plus there are people offering an ecu crash data wiping service - is that something that would have to be done on the Croma?

Back