Technical Airbag warning

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag warning

Pipa92

Hi guys :)

Fiat Panda 2004 1.2 Duologic.

So I have this “Airbag Failiure. Turn off engine” warning flashing during the entirety of my drive.

The car is in perfect condition. Was always in the garage and believe it or not has just over 30.000km! (Its our 3rd car so we dont use it a lot)

How does one turn this warning off?

you need to read the code in the airbag module

a broken wire behind the glovebox is fairly common but without reading the code you are shooting in the dark

do you have multiecuscan or similar, WoW and Delphi also work probably many more

Hi and thank you for your reply. I dont have any scan tool.
I did take it to Fiat last year for some other fixing. And I mentioned this. They “rectified it”….few month and thousand km later…it came back haha.

I was hoping its just some dumb glitch that can be solved by idk…turning the key somehow…or reseting the board computer :)

I forgot to mention, if I use the key to toggle passenger airbag on and off and then on again. It will remove the warning for next 5 drives or so. But it will eventually come back.
If this means anything :)

without reading the code its going to be very difficult
if you switch the passenger airbag off in the glovebox do you still get the same error light.

Last edited:
without reading the code its going to be very difficult
if you switch the passenger airbag off in the glovebox do you still get the same error light.
Yes it disappears for some time. And then after 5th start/day or so…it comes back :)

Back