Technical airbag light problem?

Currently reading:
Technical airbag light problem?

Joe H

Hi everyone and anyone who uses this forum.

I have had a fiat punto 1.9JTD 52 plate for a couple of years and although it has very high milage (last owner was an on call Doctor!) it has always been problem free, except for now!

I have two ongoing problems that local mechanics seem unable to fix.

1, the Airbag light has come on approx 3 weeks ago and will not go off, my local mechanic says not to worry about it but friends who are fellow punto owners tell me they had a similar problem where the result involved going to a registered fiat mechanic and paying a fortune for diagnostic checks etc to solve the problem!

2, my headlights keep blowing. On average I am having to change them monthly and I rarely use the car at night. Oddly when one goes and I change it the other seems to go almost immeadiatly, any link?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated and if you haven't already guessed I know nothing about cars!

have a nice day

Joe

Think a dealership is the only way to solve it mate, mine is on now but havent got the cash to sort it, so fingers crossed. I read the handbook before and it mentioned about putting the key to mar to sort it, now ive got power steering faiulre light, engine warning light, air bag warning light and a few more, think its low brake fluid, or abs. But i hope its nothing major LOL

1, the Airbag light has come on approx 3 weeks ago and will not go off, my local mechanic says not to worry about it but friends who are fellow punto owners tell me they had a similar problem where the result involved going to a registered fiat mechanic and paying a fortune for diagnostic checks etc to solve the problem!

Paying a fortune:rolleyes: ok at the moment you have a in-operative airbag system (including passenger airbag is fitted) so may I suggest stealing the money if you have too & get it to a fiat garage where (I suspect) you will probably need a modified airbag loom.All this will cost you £70-80 fitted.

now ive got power steering faiulre light, engine warning light, air bag warning light and a few more, think its low brake fluid, or abs. But i hope its nothing major LOL

:eek:

Paying a fortune:rolleyes: ok at the moment you have a in-operative airbag system (including passenger airbag is fitted) so may I suggest stealing the money if you have too & get it to a fiat garage where (I suspect) you will probably need a modified airbag loom.All this will cost you £70-80 fitted.

:eek:

Il fire her up later see if they have gone, i hope so :worship:

Back