Technical Airbag and Seatbelt Light On After Installing Dashcam

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag and Seatbelt Light On After Installing Dashcam

Buttertoasting

Hello fellow Fiat users!

I made some upgrades on car because I just adore it so much! I have a 2015 Fiat 500C POP, this is my first ever car, and I am really enjoying it so much.

Few months ago, I felt like I want Apple Carplay in my car, I bought a Pioneer AVH-3500 NEX since it is fit with my car being a single din. I had it professionally installed, and suddenly, my mileage started blinking. I googled it, and came up with two reasons, either my battery was bad, or my system detected a third party equipment installed in my car. I changed batteries and that fixed the problem.

A month ago, I had my car tinted to get ready for the warm weather. Little did I know, the visibility from my rear view mirror went bad. I could not see anything but headlights at night. I could either remove the tint, but I really did like it. Which brings my story to the most recent upgrade.

I've read about this DuduBell M2 rearview mirror and dash cam all in one. It has really good reviews and has built in GPS. and for $89.99 it sounded like a good deal. I got one last week and had it professionally installed at Car Toys. It is an amazing upgrade. Not only I can clearly see rear view. It added security because of the dash cam and GPS.

When I got back at Car Toys, my car was being tested because the airbag light, seatbelt light and check engine light was on. They had to show me a current complete diagnostic of my car and that there are nothing wrong with the system. They explained that this usually happen with Fiat cars if you install a foreign equipment that the current system could not recognize. They told me that I can go back to the dealership and have them reset the system. They said it worked for their other customers.

I am really enjoying these upgrades to my car. Is it true that this could fix the problem? Or are there any way I can do it by myself? Thank you and I would like to hear your opinions about this matter.

Hello fellow Fiat users!

I made some upgrades on car because I just adore it so much! I have a 2015 Fiat 500C POP, this is my first ever car, and I am really enjoying it so much.

Few months ago, I felt like I want Apple Carplay in my car, I bought a Pioneer AVH-3500 NEX since it is fit with my car being a single din. I had it professionally installed, and suddenly, my mileage started blinking. I googled it, and came up with two reasons, either my battery was bad, or my system detected a third party equipment installed in my car. I changed batteries and that fixed the problem.

A month ago, I had my car tinted to get ready for the warm weather. Little did I know, the visibility from my rear view mirror went bad. I could not see anything but headlights at night. I could either remove the tint, but I really did like it. Which brings my story to the most recent upgrade.

I've read about this DuduBell M2 rearview mirror and dash cam all in one. It has really good reviews and has built in GPS. and for $89.99 it sounded like a good deal. I got one last week and had it professionally installed at Car Toys. It is an amazing upgrade. Not only I can clearly see rear view. It added security because of the dash cam and GPS.

When I got back at Car Toys, my car was being tested because the airbag light, seatbelt light and check engine light was on. They had to show me a current complete diagnostic of my car and that there are nothing wrong with the system. They explained that this usually happen with Fiat cars if you install a foreign equipment that the current system could not recognize. They told me that I can go back to the dealership and have them reset the system. They said it worked for their other customers.

I am really enjoying these upgrades to my car. Is it true that this could fix the problem? Or are there any way I can do it by myself? Thank you and I would like to hear your opinions about this matter.

It won’t fix the problem if the problem still exists. Most airbag lights will go out on their own. Where have they wired the mirror too? If they have messed it up, it’s down to them to put it right. In the U.K. I believe diagnostics are around £100. Why should you have to pay. If you put a shout out for anyone near you that has MultiECUScan that will tell you what’s gone wrong.

I don’t really see what they could have done to mess it up but they’ve clearly done something.

I am not sure what kind of scanning they did. But they showed it to me that there are no fault codes. It's just that lights are on. The most noticeable change I am experiencing is that the seatbelt alert is no longer going the moment I get in the car, which it usually does. I usually start the engine before putting on my seatbelt.

I will try the battery thing tonight and let you guys know what happens. I will do that first before going back to dealership.

Nope. Disconnecting and re-connecting the battery did not fix it.

What is it plugged in through the 12 V socket or straight into the OBD two port because I could see why it would be throwing a code when plugged into the OBD two port because it’s also reading the car computer because after OBD two is it’s a system used to scan to computer

Back