Technical air conditioner E3 code

Currently reading:
Technical air conditioner E3 code

m3q

Recently I starded thread about automatic air conditioner manual (https://www.fiatforum.com/tempra/80117-clima-system-manual-help.html?p=901797). Now I have electric diagram, but I can't find reason why it is not working. I'm getting "E3" code on display and air temp & speed controls are not responding (there is only self-actived air flow, when driving fast). But I can change air flow direction. I have also found that I can change that (error?) code to E1 by disconecting speed regulator, so I think that this code refers to other disconnected/faulty working part.
Before that breakdown system was working perfectly, and one day during driving display started to switch beetwen "E2" & "E3" codes, and since then nothing changed.
But lastly (there was a day with low temp. -3 C at morning) something happened after starting engine - controls came back to normal (E3 code disappear), but after 4-5 seconds everything came back to old "nasty normal" - E3 code again.

Any advice/help will be highly appreciated.

/Fiat Tempra '92 1.9TDI

m3q said:
Any ideas?

I've found a section in the manuals relating to the Air Con but it runs to 75 pages !, I'll need to find a way of compacting that. Meanwhile I'll read it through and see if I can find any info about the error codes. Bear with me.

I've now posted the 75 pages for the Automatic Air Conditioner, it's a 19Mb download, in the usual place - http://www.brickfieldspark.org/temp/fiatmanuals/temprainfo.htm - bottom of the page. It seems to cover most things about the aircon, rebuilding the compressor, location of all the parts and their service, testing the controls and sensors, but still does not seem to have the error codes.

Anyway, hope it helps.

Ziomike you are my savior! That section of manual about automatic diagnostic did the trick. Now I know that I have faulty sensor of internal temperature. That manual, from which you are posting chapters is fantastic. Is there possibility to get whole book from you? Do you have it as printed book, or maybe you have it as single jpg images? This book has invaluable informations about Tempra.

m3q said:
Ziomike you are my savior! That section of manual about automatic diagnostic did the trick. Now I know that I have faulty sensor of internal temperature. That manual, from which you are posting chapters is fantastic. Is there possibility to get whole book from you? Do you have it as printed book, or maybe you have it as single jpg images? This book has invaluable informations about Tempra.

Glad it helped. I'm afraid I can't let go of the books, but I will help out from time to time with posting info. What I have is actually a set of 3 main dealer manuals for the Tempra, I found them on Ebay about 9 months ago, and having got them I don't want to let them go as we have 2 Tempra 1.9Tdi's.

Recently on Ebay there was somebody selling Fiat manuals on Cd and that apparently has the Tempra on it. I'd keep looking on Ebay if I were you. Sorry I can't let them go, but do ask if you need anything.

I'm off for a weeks break next week, back on the 12th, see you.

friend excuses my English, I am of venezuela, and your flaw responds to the control of speed of the motor booth fan... the errors E1, E2, E3, corresponds to a communication error in the feedback of "monitor of internal temperature of booth" which is used to control the speed of the motor booth fan.

Back