Technical Aftermarket Reverse Camera

Currently reading:
Technical Aftermarket Reverse Camera

Pedrolami

So... Mine didn't come with a camera and while it isn't a problem I have been thinking of how best to retrofit a camera to the car with what's available.
So far the part required to use the inbuilt screen isn't available, that only leaves the use of the rear view mirror. I work on vehicles that have had this sort of arrangement fitted by fleetcare, so that is the route I am going to take.

Already on its way is the camera. It's a licence plate surround with a camera that fits above the plate, have attached an image... This is only £15 from AliExpress, just have to wait for it to be delivered...

Once here, shall see what resolution it actually puts out rather than what the listing says, shall then order a rear view mirror with built in display. There is one with an auto dimmable option for little over £60.

Having had a look at the tailgate, I will have to remove the internal plastic cover to run the camera wires inside the car, in addition to run the power cable to the reverse light fitting. The rear view mirror should be mush more simple, once I have decided on the one I prefer, it will be a direct replacement with the old one, then just providing ignition power to the dimming feature and to allow the screen to work.

Should be a relatively easy job... ? ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1462475666.746727.jpg

Back