General Aerodynamics

Currently reading:
General Aerodynamics

Those can't be Fiat deflectors, where did you get them?

Found my original thread thanks to the date on the pic.
Got them on ebay, they came from Germany & cost £25 inc postage.

The only advantages I can see are...
They act as a sun visor when waiting at junctions (so I wish they were bigger really).
You can leave the windows slightly open to vent the car on hot days & nobody notices (unless they get closer for a look)
When washing the windscreen, the water travels to the deflector then up and over (rather than around the door post & into your face etc).
When driving in the rain, windows can be left slightly open to vent the car & stop it getting steamed up without raindrops coming in at you.

There doesn't seem to be any noise reduction when windows are open.

The best way to reduce the filth on the back of your Doblo would be to introduce a rear slant angle on the roof to reduce the size of the wake. Even a small slant like 10 degrees would work significantly. I would expect the Cd to reduce from about 0.6 to 0.5, of course it would mean chopping your Doblo :D

Those sticky tab things are not going to much for the price I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Dan

Before I put the tabs on, I noticed there would be a heavy deposit on the glass & an obvious semi-circle where the wiper had been.
Now, there is just as much muck on the back as on the rest of the motor (where before, it would be many, many times worse.

Back