Aerobics

Currently reading:
Aerobics

charmed103 said:
yeah ouch:(

ta(y) that will be really help, I am going stir crazy doing nothing, i don't like to be doing nothing.

I like to be active:rolleyes: oh yeah 4got I am single, guess i will just have to stick to being active at the gym.:eek:

no worries... u kno where i am if u need anythin! (y)

and i kno wat u mean.... i hate havin time off work cause i cant get to the gym, doin close to 2 hours, 3 times a week at the moment, along with football training and a game :D

and as for "other activities" u prob wouldnt be able to have sex for a while either... the chances of that wound openin again during sex would be very high.

so get down the gym (y)

mase said:
no worries... u kno where i am if u need anythin! (y)

and as for "other activities" u prob wouldnt be able to have sex for a while either... the chances of that wound openin again during sex would be very high.

thank you very much!!!!!

and as for the "other activities", chance wud be a fine thing lol(y)

sorry 2 much information:yuck:

mase said:

That's even more of a nightmare :eek:

I know what its like being kept out of the gym. Had a 2 ops, then had a long recovery period....its been ages since I last went :(

glad ive just seen this post..thought i was suffering alone LOL!

Ive started back at the gym 3 times a week and 1 excercise class a week..been fine at the gym but the class almost killed me tonight!

I deffo need to warm up more beforehand as she just rushes straight into it :(

Babysei said:
glad ive just seen this post..thought i was suffering alone LOL!

Ive started back at the gym 3 times a week and 1 excercise class a week..been fine at the gym but the class almost killed me tonight!

I deffo need to warm up more beforehand as she just rushes straight into it :(

u go girl ;) (y)

as for the teacher rushing into it.... so so wrong, i kno for a fact that when u are taught how to teach things like that. the class should be split into sections, warm up, main body of class, and cool down, each with their own group of exercises, sometimes even different music.... i kno my boss has specific aerobic cd's with music that changes BPM at certain times to allow for the cool down section after the class :cool:

i am guessing this is for an aerobics class as well claire?

great warm up for a class is the x-trainer, or even the rower, 5 mins on either one of those, gradually building up the speed works well mainly cause you are using virtually all your major muscle groups (y)

then have a think about what is happenin in the class and do some stretching / go through range of motion of the muscles bein used, quads, hamstrings, calves, adductors, will all be used a lot in a step / aerobics class, holding each stretch for 15 seconds on each leg.... should get your heart rate up and muscles nicely warm before hand.

if you want to be pointed in the direction of some decent stretches let me know (y)

It's nice to see a PT that actually knows what they're talking about.

My mate runs a muscle & fitness shop and the amount of "personal trainers" from the big one-in-every-town gyms who come in and don't have a clue about diet or supplements, hell even training, is frightening.

IMO qualifications in this area mean nothing without experience too.

paulbfd said:
It's nice to see a PT that actually knows what they're talking about.

My mate runs a muscle & fitness shop and the amount of "personal trainers" from the big one-in-every-town gyms who come in and don't have a clue about diet or supplements, hell even training, is frightening.

IMO qualifications in this area mean nothing without experience too.

cheers mate (y)

and i kno exactly what u mean..... ive been doin this job now for over 2 years, and had 2 years in college before that.

and the bad thing is the health industry is growin so fast that there are loads an loads of kids who are about 13-14 who think "yea, work in a gym, hit on women all day!" but they dont realise how much training u need, and how much work there is to do.... example, my job title is "corpotate personal trainer" i work in a small gym on a business park with 1 other person, and we train the staff who work for a pharmeceutals company. but i have a good 2 hours of paper work / admin to do a day, then there is equip maintaince, and any clients i have, and the basic money is crap, its not as glamarous as people think. but its great fun :D and means i get paid to work out :worship:

I don't ache any more after any of my classes or work outs and I miss the pain - :(

Need to up my game me thinks :D

I can't do aerobics - I just end up looking like a demented windmill on acid - I have ultimate respect for all these people who do these complicated foot/arm movement cv carry ons cos I really can't cope with all that prancing about - I fall over my big feet and get totally lost and then get :mad:

Ahh everyone is so active... this thread makes me want to join a gym :eek:

paulbfd said:
Do you do the same exercises when you work out with weights? You need to change your routine regularly as the body adapts.
I do yeah well not all the time. I do a weights class once a week - high rep low weight and that changes every couple of weeks but when I do them on my own the other few times a wk I generally just do the same stuff. I only use the free weights - don't like the machines

EmSpem said:
I do yeah well not all the time. I do a weights class once a week - high rep low weight and that changes every couple of weeks but when I do them on my own the other few times a wk I generally just do the same stuff. I only use the free weights - don't like the machines

Do you ever try training with a heavier weight that will only allow you to do 8-10 reps? My mate trains to compete in the Fitness category, ie some muscle, but still keeping a womens shape. She trains like a bodybuilder, each body part once a week, 2-3 sets, upto 10 reps, just 3 times a week with a little stint on the bike after.

Training heavy won't turn you into Arnold, give it a go for a month and see what you think.

paulbfd said:
Do you ever try training with a heavier weight that will only allow you to do 8-10 reps? My mate trains to compete in the Fitness category, ie some muscle, but still keeping a womens shape. She trains like a bodybuilder, each body part once a week, 2-3 sets, upto 10 reps, just 3 times a week with a little stint on the bike after.

Training heavy won't turn you into Arnold, give it a go for a month and see what you think.
The idea apparently of my just muscle class is stamina. I do use heavier weights when I do it on my own but only 2kg heavier. Tbh when I have tried heavier weights I've hurt my elbows and shoulders so figured I need to build up to heavier weights as obviously my muscles aren't strong enough to protect my joints yet. Well mayb they are now. I might try to do heavier weights but my arms are still coming along nicely. I don't do much leg wk with weights only squats with barbell. They got too big before and had to buy mens jeans - plus my bf laughed at them and said I had weight lifters legs so I kinda knocked it on the head.:(