General advice on shockers please

Currently reading:
General advice on shockers please

simonandsteph

anyone out there tell me what shock absorbers i need to be looking for. i have an exxy 82 X reg. thanks in advance. will any other fiat shockers fit?:idea::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Looking at the other threads on shocks - I'm still not getting the warm fuzzy feeling that a '79 would fit my '78 1.3. Noting the differences mentioned between 1.3 and 1.5 - should I get this feeling if I buy shocks to suit '79-'82 X's?

Dogdda, I'm pretty sure you'll be ok with the gas KYB's as mentioned, but you must get a set of rear 1500 top perch/bump units. This is because the original 1300's (and I don't mean the Australian early "1500" cars with 1300 engines) had the top cone / thrust bushes on the rears like the front struts. There's a description here:

http://www.eurosport-uk.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=280

You don't want to get non-kyb's though without checking the length of the rear strut beforehand - some countries/years had a higher ride height on the back by about an inch (eg UK markets) and won't look too good on your sleek 1300 :eek:

Back