General Advice on Selling

Currently reading:
General Advice on Selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyoll

Sadly, the time is nearing where i will have to sell my panda. I cannot afford to run two cars, yes even thouhg one is a cheap panda. :(

I was wondering what people would suggest in relation to selling?
I've never sold a car before myself..
Is the classified section of the forum the best place to start?

I also have lots of spares, is the forum the best place to advertise these?

Many Thanks, Ollie.

Hi Ollie,

There are lots on eBay at the moment, so you will need a good ad and good photos to make yours stand out. The price is so variable on there - it may go well and you get more than you thought or it could go the other way so be careful with your start price or put in a reserve.

The classifieds are also good on FF, I have bought and sold on here and it is a good way to get the attention of enthusiasts.

Good luck - let us know when you have posted it.

MARTIN

ps. I am after a bonnet scoop if you have one!!!:)

Hi Ollie

I think an add on here is a great start, at least you'd be showing it to people who appreciate Pandas.

Ebay seems to be doing them proud at the moment too, but if you've had no experience selling on there it's a bit more involved, you do reach a much wider audience though. I'd be happy to talk you through it if you need help.

Selling in a local paper is a possibility, I wouldn't bother myself though as you'd just be selling to a general public who would only want to give you peanuts for it.

I've had some success advertising on the 'Preloved' web site this too is the general public but at least the advert is free. See link below.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/

Another good free to advertise place is 'Classic car weekly' magazine. You can enter your ad online but it does take a couple of weeks to emerge in the paper.

http://www.classic-car-weekly.co.uk/

In all cases you will need to take some good photos of your car, inside and out, and from all angles. You may only be able to use one or two in some cases but Ebay will let you have up to twelve. Alot of people viewing the add on Ebay will be living miles away so cannot come to view your car in person before bidding so the pictures really help selling it to them.

I'm looking for a Panda for my Daughter as it happens so may be interested myself, what sort of price is yours?

Good luck with it anyway.

Vernon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back