advice on fitting bosch super 4's

Currently reading:
advice on fitting bosch super 4's

R

ryan

getting some next week, looked at the haynes manual but still dont really understand, could anyone run me through it pls?

Remove old plugs with a plug socket and screw in the new plugs.
Refit the HT leads and close bonnet. ;)

lmao, so thats why i dint understand the manual!! what about spacing them or summat?i read online that they have to be gapped?? does it matter which order i put em in?

re

yes make sure you put the first one in the 3rd hole, second one in the 4th, 3rd one in the second hole, then 4th one in the first hole. . .

Re: re

i only say that cos in the haynes it says make sure u label them 1 to 4 starting at the timing belt end??

re

I was joking above, lol,

i think they mean the HT leads, they do need to go back on in the correct order, easiest way is to chaneg one at a time? but you will probably find they are all different lenghts and it is obvious which is which

Re: re

alrite, cheers allan, i jus dint wanna fuk owt up thats all, jus been looking google and reading websites that explain engines, cos i really need to learn bout em. i no it can b frustrating when someone asks such a stupid question, but i jus wanted to check

Plugs

Change plugs one at a time from left to right.
Check condition of old plugs. (see manual)
Good tip is to blow out any crap that's around the plugs BEFORE you start. Compressed air line works well, or an "Air-Duster" like you'd use on a camera lens.
Above stops any crap falling into the engine via the plug-hole!
Work carefully and make sure you don't cross-thread the new plugs. The new plugs are pre-gapped and should make you think you've more power/acceleration. A job well worth the effort that even a novice can do easily!
Do NOT overtighten plugs. One quarter turn past hand tight is enough.

BE WARNED

though that most FIAT mechs do not advise them.

Re: BE WARNED

i no this sounds stupid, but what is cross threading?

When you don't get it in square and the hard steel thread on the plug starts to cut up the soft ally thread in the head.

i c, cheers tom, i should have remembred that from my D.T days back at school

If it takes any more than finger force to screw them most of the way in you know there is a problem.

...finger force to screw them ??? GOD FORGIVE HIM

Ryan,
don't want to bore you but.......
you'll find that on this site, as in life in general, certain people are well worth listening to whilst others a waste of space.
I've not long been a BOO member, but soon learned whom the real experts were. Most of the advice I gave you originally came from Tom.
I've learned a lot about my Brava from using this site, and anything you can't find out yourself is usually patiently dealt with by blokes who seem to know the Brava/o inside out. These guys offer practical advice and put their names to it.
You'll soon discover (as I did) the people that really know their stuff.
The Super 4's were recommended to me by Tom. I knew enough to follow his advice. I doubt anyone would go far wrong doing likewise.

I'm sure you're savvy enough to know this, but other newcomers might benefit.

Hopefully your car will be more responsive and a little more economical with the Super 4's.
My 1.6SX Brava has certainly benefitted...hence my recommendation.
Joining BOO is also a good idea, check it out.

Hi there.I am a newcomer and would like to benefit...Are BS4 a four barb spark plug ?