General adblue warning on dash

Currently reading:
General adblue warning on dash

tinymartin

Hello all, I have a Fiat Ducato 2.3 2021 and the mil light is on and stays on. I've topped up the AdBlue which didn't need much but the warning still says AdBlue level low. can anyone tell me how reset AdBlue level level in the tank.

Hi

From the Fiat Professional Website:

"After filling up, with the ignition device in the MAR/RUN/ON position, wait for the warnings on the display to go out before starting the engine. If the reservoir was empty before filling up with AdBlue®, you may need to wait for up to 2 minutes."

However, it is a bit surprising that it didn't need much to top up. My best guess is that the warning will not activate until the level in the 15 litre tank has dropped to say 3 litres ( i.e. 20% of maximum ), in which case you would need 12 litres to top up. A top up of at least 5 litres is recommended. Maybe you had an air lock that prevented proper filling ? If you still have problems, you may need to have the adblue level sensor checked

Thanks for the reply. It only required to be topped up by a small amount. The light was still on and wouldn't clear. So I went for a road test and the light went out and stayed out at the moment. There was also no fault code on my friend diagnostic machine. I don't know if it needs a regen and he said it was at 18%. Advise please would be great.

Regens are automatic.
Do you have the new MY22 dash with ad-blue level dispay? If not, I'd try putting more ad-blue in - some bottles/fillers do not open the flap or pour properly.
You should get in 13+L per 3000 miles (my usage on MY20)
Are you sure the MIL light is on, if so there should be a DTC code stored - you will need to check.
The ad-blue light is not a MIL light.

Back