Technical AC high RPMS help!!

Currently reading:
Technical AC high RPMS help!!

AbarthnFinn

Hey Guys & Gals, I'm new to this. I have a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, and most of the time i have no issues but every now or then, my RPMS will be super high(5-6k) in most gears, but it happens for sure if i turn on the AC. Now i can unplug the negative and give it some time and that will fix the issue until it happens again. So I'm asking or searching for an answer as to why the ac would cause that, and why it would happen without the ac also? Help

Hey Guys & Gals, I'm new to this. I have a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, and most of the time i have no issues but every now or then, my RPMS will be super high(5-6k) in most gears, but it happens for sure if i turn on the AC. Now i can unplug the negative and give it some time and that will fix the issue until it happens again. So I'm asking or searching for an answer as to why the ac would cause that, and why it would happen without the ac also? Help
ECUs do increase engine speed to make up for loads like aircon , headlights etc. on most cars, to stop them stalling at idle, though 5/6k does seem incredible!
I don't have any specific knowledge to help you, hopefully someone will reply.
Do you have the problem with cruise control if fitted?

Back