General Abs/Recirc valve problems

Currently reading:
General Abs/Recirc valve problems

Specs43

Hi lads bit of a strange one here, so I’ve a 2008 t jet punto with 51000 miles on her and recently I had to replace the alternator and battery in it both brand new. Yesterday I notice the power steering turned of for a second and then came back. Then stopped for some food and drove off. As I drove away the steering went heavy again and I heard some compressor surge. Looked down and had the powering steering, abs, traction control and esp lights on and the hill climb, esp fail message come up on the screen. Kept driving and the recirc valve still wasn’t working and it was only running 0.5 bar of boost.Turning the car off fixed it but it has happened again today. Now I’ve done some research and found that a faulty brake switch can cause all the symptoms with the esp etc, but haven’t seen anything about the recirculating valve being related to this and how could it be? Checked the fuse board under the bonnet as I’m aware they can take on water and cause similar problems, but mine is bone dry and looks brand new. Could it be the alternator? I’ve a few small mods on the car but noting mad. A cone filter and a boost gauge, also have led h4s and a sub and I’m also using the “cheat” dump valve by discounting the recirc pipe to vent to atmosphere. I only had these problems and had to replace the alternator after I put in the led H4 in the car but it has to be coincidence. Any help would be great lads. Ronan.

Back