Technical abs,asr,hillholder

Currently reading:
Technical abs,asr,hillholder

Dan2407

GP 1.9 Mjet

After changing the front wheel bearing the abs,asr,hillholder light has come on...i have changed the sensor incase it has become damaged but the light is still on...

would there be an issue if the bearing had been put in back to front..?

I only say this because i dont know where the speed sensor gets it readings..am i missing an abs ring or does it read from the bearing...CV splines?

will it be a case the new speed sensor is ok but i need to reset the light?

I have diconnected battery over night hoping this would reset..but no joy

theres clearly an issue, and by the fact you ask if you can put it in the wrong way round, id suggest you take it to a garage where a competent person can make you car safe, im sure your insurance company will have an issue with the fact your abs isnt functioning

theres clearly an issue, and by the fact you ask if you can put it in the wrong way round, id suggest you take it to a garage where a competent person can make you car safe, im sure your insurance company will have an issue with the fact your abs isnt functioning

Christ, there is no need to mention insurance companies at this point. It's not as though the OP plans on leaving it as an ongoing problem!

The fact he is on here asking does rather imply that he intends to fix it.

Back to the point. When I have changed wheel speed sensors in the past (on Peugeots) the light has gone out by its self after less then a minute of driving. I can't tell you if fiat's system is the same.

Thank you for the concern... the bearing is the same race ither side (OD and ID) after pressing the bearing back out it turns out one of the seals is slightly magnetised...... ABS/ASR still worked just miss reading from one wheel will flag the light.... problem solved

Re: abs,asr,hillholder
i have the same problem on my 1.4 active. have you found out what the problem is? the mechanic that did mine said that he cracked the abs ring slightly (correct me if wrong) so he is going to replace it, will this be the problem?
there is no ABS ring... the brown coloured seal needs to face towards the engine bay as this seal is magnetised giving the speed sensor something to read off

Back