General About to buy MW 1.6

Currently reading:
General About to buy MW 1.6

I goin to go test drive one of these on weds. Went to see it today and goin back weds

It a 52 1.6 16v dynamic with full panoramic roof

Anything I need to look for? Springs obviously, it looks like it has had to modification done to it but i would change the springs for peace of mind

Usual car stuff really. so, damage, rust, oil leak, knocking noise when going round corners or over bumps.

Also that the engine idles smoothly, is quite common for stilo engines to get a lumpy idle. :)

guess you mean this one then,

2003 FIAT STILO 1.9 JTD Dynamic 5dr Diesel Multi Wagon

Price:
£1,650

Features:

• 109,000 miles
  • Manual
  • Grey
  • Diesel
  • Estate
  • 1910 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

03 plate,5 Door Estate, Silver, Turbo diesel, Manual, 3x3 point rear seat belts, ABS, Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Climate control, Cloth seat trim. Taxed and MOT.1 owner. £1,650.

guess you mean this one then,

2003 FIAT STILO 1.9 JTD Dynamic 5dr Diesel Multi Wagon

Price:
£1,650

Features:

• 109,000 miles
  • Manual
  • Grey
  • Diesel
  • Estate
  • 1910 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

03 plate,5 Door Estate, Silver, Turbo diesel, Manual, 3x3 point rear seat belts, ABS, Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Climate control, Cloth seat trim. Taxed and MOT.1 owner. £1,650.
yeah seems better to me

as a 1.6 owner i disagree after having a modern derv which broke badly :(

it was a renault though :yum:

Rear axle bushes are suspect on these. Drive it over a bumpy road and listen for load bangs from rear suspension, original rear axle bushes usually need changing at around 45,000 miles. As many know its an axle out job and should cost about £270 at an indepandant (only £37 parts) or £500 at a Fiat dealer if they will even do it.

that jtd silver and done over 100k - i no like silver and anything over 100k i try to pass on

the 1.6 is dark blue, 66k and got dogging roof

thanks for your help guys - will see how its like tomorrow

check that rear axle gaz

even if you dont have knocking, look for signs of fluid leak round the bearings (just infront of the rear wheel) like this
attachment.php

attachment.php

Bigger pics can be found on this thread

another way to check is to reverse the wheel against the kerb, and before it lifts, if it moves forward, they gone.

Back