General abarth to qubo

Currently reading:
General abarth to qubo

leroya500

Am I mad considering selling my abarth to get a 1.3 (75) qubo? I need something cheaper to run as a work vehicle and a dose of practicality over the abarth is going to life so much easier! , I can easily swap my 09 500 for a 12 plate qubo, soi should I?

It's a no-brainer for a work vehicle. Take the seats out of the back and you've loads of space plus sliding side doors (y) .

£30 or £20 RF tax and 50+ mpg. Get it re-mapped and I'm sure it'll suit you. Read the pro's & con's on here first so you know what to expect. Mine's Jan 2011 so pre DPF.

Cheers & Happy Christmas :)

Not a bad idea, its all about priorities, but after having a 500 abarth, the big question is, after accepting a Qubo is a very practical, cheap to run vehicle, will it be fun to drive?
I think yes, funky spacious interior, cool slidey doors, short wheelbase, narrow body, wide grippy tyres, and surprisingly good handling.
Only way to find out is a test drive....

Just hope qubos are as reliable as an abarth! ( don't worry bout the fun to drive bit, my other rides are a 55 year old landrover and a 29 year old honda cub! )

Just hope qubos are as reliable as an abarth! ( don't worry bout the fun to drive bit, my other rides are a 55 year old landrover and a 29 year old honda cub! )

Driving position is one of the best bonuses - you can see further than the mortals in their low down Hondas ;) but perhaps under the Landys. From previous experience the Landy was the highest, the Disco next and the RR was the lowest.
Another bonus is the level-to-floor loading as the tail gate is at the floor, no annoying lip to obfuscate difficult items. I have a celeste which I hire out and it may well fit without folding seats. That particular avenue of fun has yet to be attempted..
Visibility is good - way better than the Fiorino!

R-V-M

Am I mad considering selling my abarth to get a 1.3 (75) qubo? I need something cheaper to run as a work vehicle and a dose of practicality over the abarth is going to life so much easier! , I can easily swap my 09 500 for a 12 plate qubo, soi should I?

I just traded in a fiorino combi adventure van today! so will be good to run in your books ! But is a carbon copy of a qubo trekking ! Look on my beast by duffish for picks!(y)

Back