Technical Abarth 695C Edizione Maserati - Instrument cluster

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth 695C Edizione Maserati - Instrument cluster

695c

We are thinking of selling our 695C Maserati Edizione as we are not using it enough. It is like the car has sensed that it about to be listed for sale, as it now starts to act up. Today the engine and abs lights in the instrument cluster started to blink faintly when the right turn signal is activated.

A quick search on google says a new instrument cluster is needed, but they are all from around 2015, so maybe someone has experienced this issue and knows a little more about what is wrong and what needs to fixed? I can find DIY instructions for changing the LCD, but no DIY for the flashing warning lights.

Does anybody have a diagram of the print board in the instrument cluster? I'm sure it's something like a resistor or something simple that needs replacing. It's just electronics :)

Hi coincidentally I bought a 2015 Anniverario (just 50 in uk) in December last year took me 2 years to find one, as I live in Woburn and the car I bought was in Portsmouth I agreed to buy the car as long as it was in 100% good condition with only 23K on the clock, one of the things I had read about was the failing lights on the instrument cluster, I asked them to check them, they came back & said “they were going dim but not to worry we have a local auto electrician here that repairs them with no problems” having said that they took out the cluster and it was back in the car within 4 days. It may be worth giving Snows of Portsmouth the salesman was Alex Woods (very helpful) , The other coincidence is the reason I wanted the Aniversario was when I was buying my wife another car last year The garage in Stafford (think they still have it) had a Maserati Edizione in the showroom sounded (incredible) but they wanted 40K for it, but started me looking for an Aniverserio edition as I think it has the same engine spec 180 bhp. Best of luck but give Snows a call they were very helpful.
Barry

I'm in Denmark, so it would not be first choice to use a shop in Portsmouth, but thanks anyway.

There is a nice grey Edizione Maserati in Southend-on-Sea for sale for £21,995 and it has the two original Tramontano bags and car cover.

Sorry should have looked at your location, from what I was told it was just dry solder joints, so a good auto electrician should be able to correct it. Just for curiosity as your car has an auto box do you find it is smooth when first start off when the engine is cold or do you get a sharp “jerky” take up (when cold) which is how mine is. I checked this with Abarth they said the gearbox oil should be changed at 6 years or 35000 miles.

Well, the MTA box is a robotised manual gearbox like you know it from your Ferrari 360 F1 box, Maserati GranTurismo, Aston Martin, BMW M5/M6 and other high-end cars from '00. We always drive ours with the padels. Ours do not jerk when cold, but our Maserati GranTurismo did :)

Hi

The dash glow is supposedly caused by moisture ingress also..

Very common pn the 500.. but my modern Punto has a few glowing elements too

Been like it for 5+ years ( only see it in Winter) and has no drain on the battery..
So I can live with it :)

Back