General A500 injection system failure

Currently reading:
General A500 injection system failure

knightsofmeltonia

My Abarth went for its first service yesterday, all was fine and just now I was driving back from the gym when the injection system failure light came on. A 'check engine' message flashed up and the failure light is on constantly.

I just rang the garage that serviced it yesterday, they were really of no help. Anyone got any ideas of what to do? Should it go back to the Abarth dealer where the service was done, or could the local Fiat dealership sort it out? Is this a serious problem? I'm assuming it would be covered by the warranty?

Sorry if these are daft questions but I'm a girl, and I'm new to the wonderful world of Fiat customer service :p

Last edited:
Assuming that its less than three years old (which it should be) it is covered by the warranty.

I'm not sure about the whole Fiat vs Abarth dealership question. I seem to remember that only Abarth centres can (or are supposed to) deal with Abarths, but as this is a mechanical (Fiat engines) problem may a standard dealer may help?!

I'm sure someone with an Abarth or someone in the know will help you out.

Steve

Thanks Steve, the car was one yesterday! My o/h has just had a good old nose in the engine and can't see anything that looks suspicious so I guess I'll call the AA on Monday and get them to take me back to Nuneaton :(

This happens just a day after me saying how pleased I was with the car, excellent service at the dealership yesterday, no major problems compared to other folk etc. etc......I shall keep my mouth shut in future :D (hurrah says the o/h) ;)

(y)

It could easily be something that was done during the service. If a connection was knocked or a sensor unplugged, it could lead to all kinds of strange problems and messages.

Best thing to do is as you say. Call Fiat Assist (AA) and have it taken back to the dealer.

It's probably something very simple, its just that the car can only tell you to have it checked and advises to stop driving, where possible.

Steve

Regardless of what is wrong, because its an Abarth, the warranty work has to be done by an Abarth dealer, we had to turn away an Abarth Grande for warranty work a few weeks ago because the customer didnt mention it was an Abarth when they booked it in.

Cheers everyone, when I spoke to the Abarth garage they told me to take it to my local Fiat garage but I shall not be doing that! :shakehead:

I wasn't allowed to fit a piece of trim as only abarth dealer could do that even though it was a standard piece of trim:confused:
Yes but you haven't gone through the training of looking fancy but just being the same as a Fiat technician underneath :p

Well, what a faff that was :( First AA man plugged the diagnostic wotsit in and all seemed fine. As soon as he'd left the warning lights came on again and the engine was misfiring. (n)

AA man number 2 actually bothered to look in the engine and discovered that the multi plug connector on the coil pack had snapped, presumably at the service on Friday as it's certainly not something these delicate little lady hands would be fiddling around with :D

So rang the Abarth dealership that serviced it on Friday, they didn't seem particularly fussed that I've not had a car that works properly since it came in for service with them. It was already booked in for next Wednesday for some warranty stuff, so I've given them the part number for the connector to get them to replace it.

On the plus side I've had to cancel my work in Slough this afternoon, so that's all good (y)

Well, what a faff that was :( First AA man plugged the diagnostic wotsit in and all seemed fine. As soon as he'd left the warning lights came on again and the engine was misfiring. (n)

AA man number 2 actually bothered to look in the engine and discovered that the multi plug connector on the coil pack had snapped, presumably at the service on Friday as it's certainly not something these delicate little lady hands would be fiddling around with :D

So rang the Abarth dealership that serviced it on Friday, they didn't seem particularly fussed that I've not had a car that works properly since it came in for service with them. It was already booked in for next Wednesday for some warranty stuff, so I've given them the part number for the connector to get them to re

On the plus side I've had to cancel my work in Slough this afternoon, so that's all good (y)

are you dealing with thames abarth in slough?

Back