General A112 - Project

Currently reading:
General A112 - Project

Im going to have to gush abit and say that an absolutely gorgeous little car. Its exactly the same colour scheme as my toy Majorette one I had in the 80s

Thank you very much! :) I have a model of it in these colours also!
How is the Y10 going?!

Its fine just bought some Beta Montecarlo rims for it. Speaking of wheels what are you planning for the A112

Nice have you got a picture on your thread yet?

I've got some Cromodora CD5's to go on there!

Can't wait to get them on however funds for this month currently leave me at £7.13 so i think thats a job for next month! :bang:

IMG_07342.JPG

Nice have you got a picture on your thread yet?

I've got some Cromodora CD5's to go on there!

Can't wait to get them on however funds for this month currently leave me at £7.13 so i think thats a job for next month! :bang:

IMG_07342.JPG

Ooh Tasty! Shades of the villainous Dinos in the Italian Job. No pics yet as they are still in transit.

:) Thanks yes very similar to the Dino's! Not sure whether I'll get some hub caps for them i think I'll see how it looks without first!

So the engine is in! Still a way off the first start up though!
Also should have some nice series one bumpers for it soon as well!

A112_ENGINE_IN.jpeg

Your making an absolute cracking job of this lad;)pretty much doing what i intended to do with it,heres an old pic of it at the Scottish Italian car day-a few years ago.

Picture111.jpg

Looks great! I have to admit i loved it when it was beige! I'd love to bring it down to scotland italian car day at some point! When abouts in the year is it?

The end is in sight! :slayer:

Due to a few non-car related issues the A112 took a little bit of a back burner! However in the last two weeks it finally started up for the first time! Sounds great with the new exhaust!

Just a few little bits to sort out including buying a battery that will fit under my strut brace! Then should be ready for a MOT and then break the engine in!

P_A112_1.jpg

P_A112_2.jpg

P_A112_3.jpg

P_A112_4.jpg

P_A112_5.jpg

What a great rebuild - the little Autobianchi was a great favourite of mine when it was new - a much more fitting smaller brother for the 128 than the 127. Envious.

Thanks all! Been a long 8 or so months but very worth it! Hopefully insuring it next month as funds are tight and then hopefully a very painless MOT!

i shall have my fingers crossed for you (y) I hope this is at a show or 2 this summer so i can have a nosey ;)

As soon as its on the road it will be at the next Italian Ace Cafe event!

My aim is to have it done and fully run in to give it a little blast at the Brooklyns Auto Italia test hill!

Won't be fast up it but my 58-63 horsies should get me up fine!

(Also trying to get it finished as i plan to take it on a road trip in the summer which will include stopping off at the stelvio pass (y)!)

FINALLY! ITS DONE!

After having to attend a few other things the little A112 went for its MOT and passed!

Runs like a dream and feels like a totally different car! Just need to break in the piston rings and cam and its road trip time! :cool:

Bring on the car shows! :slayer:

A112_DONE.jpg

Back