General A few more pics of my rust bucket

Currently reading:
General A few more pics of my rust bucket

Solarman

Here she is a 74 with a 1300 carb,4-1 header some cool exhaust type?? as well a ferrari steering wheel. and some odd wheels.

Attachments

• Nov15 047.jpg
    Nov15 047.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Nov15 053.jpg
    Nov15 053.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Nov15 059.jpg
    Nov15 059.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Nov15 048.jpg
    Nov15 048.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 34
I plan to get her done, it runs good now she sat for years, 56000km,put new floor in drivers side, now the rockers and hood rust, brakes are all good and have fixed the clutch, the previous owner had the tranny out and I have a box of parts from that, looks like cluch and gear crap!!

Good luck with your project, I don't mean to put you off but it is a hefty task ahead. Well worth it though.

I suggest you check the rear suspension towers very thoroughly, they are triple skinned with a nasty habit of the middle skin rusting, it normally shows as ballooning on the outer, engine bay skin. Everything else is likely to be fairly obvious.

Hi,

Nice project there- have you had the car long?

Has anyone had any experience of repairing the rear turrets, is it a case of cutting out the bad bits and replacing or getting a whole new/second hand turret and welding it in? I have noticed a few bubbles around the top and fear the worst- how bad does it need to be to warrent an mot failure?

Cheers

Jon

my rear turrets have rust holes like one inch wide and still passed the MOT! :confused: i asked my old boss and he has told me just get a new peice and weld it onto it...obv clear it first of rust so the problem doesn't come back..

good luck with the resto, im glad too see someone who has as much passion in putting another x on the road.

with the car running, the most important part is already done so dont worrie about it.

i wish i had pics of my car to show how bad it was.
03012008049.jpg

Back