Technical A few instrument cluster ??s

Currently reading:
Technical A few instrument cluster ??s

sworks

I moved the 14 plate 500s this morning and noticed that the ABS and traction control lights are lit dimly. They go out when the cluster shuts down so I’m guessing it needs a new cluster. Phoned the Fiat dealer and it’s around £500 plus fitting and programming. Looking through the forum it looks like I can buy a lower or similar mileage cluster and it will work with no issues other than a proxi alignment. Looking further it seems I can fit the later TFT unit with full operation. I have no access to MES (unless somebody in Cumbria has) but if need be i’m happy to buy the software and leads so I have them for the future. If I go this route and fit the TFT unit are there and negatives of driving it 25 miles to my nearest dealer to have the mileage corrected and proxi alignment done or am I better fitting it at the dealer? I’m thinking if I need to change I might as well upgrade if I can find one....
Thanks

Last edited:
If you get a tft one make sure that it’s a pre facelift one or you will have issues.

Buying MES and cables is far cheaper than getting fiat to adjust the mileage and do a proxi alignment. You might no actually need a proxi alignment. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t.

It’s an easy job, take a look at my video.

[ame]https://youtu.be/w7hlbiMVoag[/ame]

Brilliant, thank you. Am I right in thinking the facelift is late 2015 onwards with the body coloured sections in the rear lights? I will start looking for a 2014 one

Last edited:
Bang on yes best off sticking to 2014 TFT that’s what I fitted in my 2011 500 I got the software & leads and did the proxy myself (with help from the guys on here ) [emoji56] and it is spot on now!!!!! Stay clear of 2016 TFTs I made that mistake!!!

Bang on yes best off sticking to 2014 TFT that’s what I fitted in my 2011 500 I got the software & leads and did the proxy myself (with help from the guys on here ) [emoji56] and it is spot on now!!!!! Stay clear of 2016 TFTs I made that mistake!!!

If you’re going to get rid of your car take out that tft and golf it. You’ll get £200+ for it.

Back