General A 4x4 off-road weekend in Yorkshire, 5th & 6th of December.

Currently reading:
General A 4x4 off-road weekend in Yorkshire, 5th & 6th of December.

IMGP3382.jpg

The annual Panda vs Human tug of war competition

(Had to re upload as attachment as linking to kolza's photo wouldnt work :( )

Last edited:
Looks like a fantastic adventure, although perhaps a bit wetter than expected?
Two gorgeous dogs along for the ride as well I see, looking very clean despite the abundance of sticky mud! Fantastic guys.

Well sorry took a little longer to post up photos as was getting car all dried out before the cold sets in! :eek:

My photos are here for now but happy to move them to an events gallery as and when one becomes available :D

Some highlights for me :D...

Woops!...
WP_20151205_13_59_16_Pro.jpg

Yay!
WP_20151206_14_36_26_Pro.jpg

Cooool!...
WP_20151206_13_37_35_Pro.jpg

Yikes!...
WP_20151206_10_37_28_Pro.jpg

All my photos are here...I did not take that many though. I was too busy bailing out water :devil:...
https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/s...mbcheck=0&page=1&sortby=&sorttime=&way=&date=

Also I forgot to thank all that helped drag me and John out the temporary river while we stayed inside with damp feet / bums but dry tops! :eek: Plans are in motion to help improve the car for water in case of future attempts!
David ( aquamarine ), I noticed your mk1 went through the deep water fairly well. Have you done anything special or have I done something to mine which has made it more susceptible? :eek:

Will try to make a video of some bits but I didn't have a huge amount this time...

Last edited:
Recce the crossing on foot
That's me during our last trip on Iceland.
Water was comming streigh from glacier so believe me it was ice cold.
After all the Rav4 manage to cross without isues.
IMGP0971.jpg

Last edited:
To be absolutely fair with Si, he was only following me through the road turned small lake so he would see no reason to not go through, I felt really bad when I saw how much water was in his car :eek:

I've given Hadrian the suck and blow treatment today, had the industrial dehumidifier and blower inside him all day. He's now dry with 2 gallon less of water inside :thumbup:

Last edited:
To be absolutely fair with Si, he was only following me through the road turned small lake so he would see no reason to not go through, I felt really bad when I saw how much water was in his car :eek:

I've given Hadrian the suck and blow treatment today, had the industrial dehumidifier and blower inside him all day. He's now dry with 2 gallon less of water inside :thumbup:

I've been doing the same...

Carpet out and washed with detergent...
WP_20151207_21_01_05_Pro.jpg

and inside and out / underside hosed down and dried out with a towel...and the heater to get a bit of warmth in the car and so the dehumidifier can work a bit better. Pretty dry in there now but will make sure it's thoroughly dry as don't want her steaming / icing up inside when the colder weather arrives :eek:...

WP_20151207_20_59_41_Pro.jpg

Did you find any little critters in there Si? It's not so bad this time of year as the weather is so cold but when I did this before in the warmer months, I found a load of maggots had grown under the floor mats by next morning :eek:

I will be taking my carpets out to jet wash over the Xmas holidays as well, it smells fairly rank inside at present.

Did you find any little critters in there Si? It's not so bad this time of year as the weather is so cold but when I did this before in the warmer months, I found a load of maggots had grown under the floor mats by next morning :eek:

I will be taking my carpets out to jet wash over the Xmas holidays as well, it smells fairly rank inside at present.

No critters fortunately! I think the water was relatively clean / fresh out the sky but I've given everything a nice soapy clean and should be ok as dried it all out fairly quickly I think.

No idea if this was a good idea but I used washing powder and a brush to scrub the carpets...seems to have given a nice smell and cleaned fairly successfully in combination with a good hosing down! Might even be cleaner than it was :eek:

Is it only me having feeling that all those banks at Paul's Farm were at least two time bigger when sat in car?

I get this feeling with all of the our Pandering offroad. In the flesh everything is massive and looks hard then in the video they seem like nothing and the Panda's are going slow over things for no reason :\

I get this feeling with all of the our Pandering offroad. In the flesh everything is massive and looks hard then in the video they seem like nothing and the Panda's are going slow over things for no reason :\

Have to be realistic though, without a lot of work the ground clearance on a Panda is never going to be high enough to just blast down lanes like these. On the other hand, it shows more skill to pick a path through the obstacles!

When it snows though, then we'll see what's what... :slayer:

Back