Technical 850 coupe rhd conversion

Currently reading:
Technical 850 coupe rhd conversion

ollie3300

hello all,

im looking into doing a restoration on an 850 coupe mk1 to use as my first car, one of the many problems with it is that its left hand drive, and living in the uk i want to make it rhd, weve already decided that we arent going to be keeping it entirely original so what are your thoughts on doing a rhd conversion, is it easy or even possible? and could i use a sedan dashboard instead to increase my options for finding one as it looks to be a similar shape?

thanks, ollie

ps. havent brought the car yet, just preparing for if i do get it...

I have a right hand drive Mk1, it's in a bad state or repair to say the least, what are your plans, buying an up and running cat to convert or one to restore. I have a ton of spares to go with it. Have to many other projects so this one is up for grabs. Cheers, db.

Hey db,

I could be very interested, whereabouts are you? as for my plans we are planning to do a restoration but do some slight modifications to make it safer and faster/more powerful, a restomod in short and are buying up one that needs alot of work so i can learn how to do it for future.

Thanks for the reply, ollie

Good Evening Ollie

If you are planning to modify the car from std series one spec make sure you upgrade the brakes from the small standard front calipers to either the series 2/3 or even 128/ 124 brakes parts are more available for them long term.

But please consider me for where to put your old series one calipers to good use, ie don't scrap them.

Tim

Hey db,

I could be very interested, whereabouts are you? as for my plans we are planning to do a restoration but do some slight modifications to make it safer and faster/more powerful, a restomod in short and are buying up one that needs alot of work so i can learn how to do it for future.

Thanks for the reply, ollie

Hi Ollie,

I have sent you a PM, I'm in Suffolk, this does need a lot of work for sure so you will be a Fiat 850 Sport Guru by the time you are finished for sure.

All the best,

db.

Back