General 700 million Euro is really enough for the Fiat factory? Will Panda be affected?

Currently reading:
General 700 million Euro is really enough for the Fiat factory? Will Panda be affected?

and im sure fiat might of come to a conclusion that 700 mil would be enough otherwise they surely would of put more money in, if they close the polish plant then they can more than likely take the equipment from there and install it in the new plant so they save money

communists? :confused:
fascists if anything..

Communists have held power in local government in the Bologna area for a long time but rarely elsewhere. At a national level the communists have been less prominent, especially since the early death of Berlinguer, who was a very charismatic character and started to move the Itailan communist party away from slavish adherence to Moscow's line. The Christian Democrat centre right party held national power alternately with centre left coalitions for decades since the war. Recently the CD party has disintegrated and Berlusconi's right of centre mob in various guises has tended to dominate because left of centre parties have been too interested in squabbling among themselves and no leader has emerged. There are one or two prominent extreme right wing politicians making a lot of noise - Bossi's Northern League and individuals like the neo-fascist Fini, but fascism itself is very much a peripheral influence with nostalgic adherence to the idea of pragmatic government that actually carried things through rather than just talking.

So - neither communists nor fascists - just a load of self-serving politicians, many of whom are corrupt to a greater or lesser extent. (Sound familiar?)

What current models of Fiats are now built in plants based in Italy? I was just thinking that if that particular model is ok then that shows the Italians can build the Panda just fine. I should hope the Panda will be built with the same standards and with the same machines so it shouldnt suffer really...hopefully.

I believe, and according to Wikipedia am correct in thinking, that the Bravo is built in Italy, at Fiats Cassino plant.

The Bravo is hardly a flop with regards to reliability & build - it seems on a similar level to the Panda with just a few models suffering the odd problem.

However, the Grande Punto is also built in Italy, and that's hardly a picture of build quality perfection from what i can see, so who knows how the Panda will turn out.

Back