Styling 600d 1964

Currently reading:
Styling 600d 1964

I've posted this on the 600 forum but there's only about 6 of us so I'd like your opinions as well please.
In my opinion the sunroof really makes these cars much more usable and fun.
Hi I have a dilemma, I really miss the sunroof I had in my 500 and have sourced an American company than do a what looks quality kit for a 600.
My worry is as its not original will it ruin the car or should i just go for it as it will make using the car on a daily basis so much better?
I'll add my car is not a show car by any means but has had only one other family own it.
I've attached a photo of the kit, what's your thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805-090001_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805-090001_Samsung Internet.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 31
Do you ever plan to sell the car? You might find that there is a smaller audience for a modified car. Many classic car buyers look for originality. On the other hand, if you're going to keep it, make it something you'll enjoy.

My 500 has a lip around the roof opening so that water can't come in. That conversion doesn't seem to. How water tight is it? It looks to me like the wind would blow water between the roof and the fabric when on the move.

Do you ever plan to sell the car? You might find that there is a smaller audience for a modified car. Many classic car buyers look for originality. On the other hand, if you're going to keep it, make it something you'll enjoy.

My 500 has a lip around the roof opening so that water can't come in. That conversion doesn't seem to. How water tight is it? It looks to me like the wind would blow water between the roof and the fabric when on the move.
Yes I take your points. Havent got an issue with the water ingress as the top seals well it's more the look and originality issue.
Your correct if its a keeper I should do what best for me, just need to decide I suppose as the kits about £550.

Back