6.5 in speakers

Currently reading:
6.5 in speakers

I've just realised that my coupe could have two of these in the back, so removed the panel and there's wiring but no speakers. So, let's get some in there :p Can anyone recommend a set? I don't want to spend more than £40 though.
If anyone's got a decent set for sale let me know also. :)

Hi Paul, here's the truth, I hate ICE, it's up there with mathematics for things that make me want to stab strangers. :rolleyes: There's two cables in the door, one for positive, one for negative. All I want to do is plug in a speaker each side and forget all about it. :)

Okay thanks. You see quite clued up on speakers, how much importance should I place on max wattage on the speakers? example is, I've seen 180w JBL speakers for the same price as 220w Alpine jobbies. I'm only going off the head unit so does it make a difference?

look at the rms wattage! ignore the other, if your not amping just try and keep the rms as close to what you stereo puts out or your stereo will just struggle to power them, you see that on a headunit i tried 100wrms 6x9's they sounded worse than 4" 25wrms speakers, i think thats cos they were under powered.

id just buy them infinity ones personally, bid on them your probably get em for £10

pinin__prestatyn said:
Most head units are 4x50 (mine is) is that 50w RMS?

No, that's max wattage. RMS wattage will be more like 17/18W.
I'd do what Paul said - 6 inch woofers crossed over at something like 80Hz (perhaps a tad higher) with a crossover of some sort.

Back