500 (Classic) 59 Fiat 500 Nuova

Currently reading:
500 (Classic) 59 Fiat 500 Nuova

Cjarv69

Hello, just picked my 59 up, have engine rebuilt, many parts but may need more, is Mr Fiat the best? Anything in USA? Going to be posting my progress as I restore. I’m going to sell once complete. Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• FA9819B1-0216-4EF1-B80B-A664DFF58930.jpeg
    FA9819B1-0216-4EF1-B80B-A664DFF58930.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • 8771CE55-705D-4E4C-A752-8B8C2D574EFF.jpeg
    8771CE55-705D-4E4C-A752-8B8C2D574EFF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
I'm just geetting into 500's (been a Mini fellow for years). But I've found and been advised that Ricambio in the UK and Axel Gerztl in Germany are the best.

Just ordered a bunch of stuff from Ricambio and they shipped next day to California. Ordered on a Wednesday night, scheduled delivery for Tuesday!

Also, if you plan ahead and combine orders I've found getting stuff sent from UK or EU is not that expensive and it doesn't take a super long time

I've been using Mr. Fiat a bunch, for things I need quickly and have a high likelihood I'll need to return (a lot of guess and check on my project). Axel took over a month for me to get my parts, but were pretty cheap to ship (I think it got stuck in customs). I haven't tried Ricambio, so good to hear they're quick!

I believe there are a lot of Early 500 parts in the US...
Problem is people don't know what they are..
When Fiat launched the 500N in the US they sent a lot of parts for back up and suupport, but as the car failed to take off Fiat pulled out...
So it is fair ti assume teh parts were left behiond as Fiat had moved onto the D,F,L

Problem is with most dealers selling Fiat stuff these days is that 90% only have access to repro parts, so there is no difference between any one supplying..
However as there are so Few N's very few dealers actually understand that whilst they look the same N's are very different...
E.G. the rear drive couplings are much smaller on an N and the later ones will not fit between the U section of the Wishbones is smaller on early cars..
Early drive couplings can cost as much as £180 each whereas you can ge a pair of latter ones for £50
Unfortunately most dealers have never actually seen an N nor have any NOS parts so unfortnately will sell later parts as they do not understand the differences....
the N 479 Engine for example uses different bearings than the later ones... No one makes the early bearings!!
The clutch and flywheel titally different
You can make later parts fit, for example the rear drive couplings...
You simply swap the entire rear suspension wishbones included...

I would advise anyone with an N to speak to Andrea at Passione 500 in Italy, he has an N and still has some original parts and he knows a lot of people who have parts..
But understand that N parts usually carry a premium...
other examples
Original N rocker cover £150+ F £35
N sun visors £200+ F £30-40
N Clutch Fluid resevoir £450 F £12 (big reason they were used on Very Early Ferraris too)

I believe there are a lot of Early 500 parts in the US...
Problem is people don't know what they are..
When Fiat launched the 500N in the US they sent a lot of parts for back up and suupport, but as the car failed to take off Fiat pulled out...
So it is fair ti assume teh parts were left behiond as Fiat had moved onto the D,F,L

Problem is with most dealers selling Fiat stuff these days is that 90% only have access to repro parts, so there is no difference between any one supplying..
However as there are so Few N's very few dealers actually understand that whilst they look the same N's are very different...
E.G. the rear drive couplings are much smaller on an N and the later ones will not fit between the U section of the Wishbones is smaller on early cars..
Early drive couplings can cost as much as £180 each whereas you can ge a pair of latter ones for £50
Unfortunately most dealers have never actually seen an N nor have any NOS parts so unfortnately will sell later parts as they do not understand the differences....
the N 479 Engine for example uses different bearings than the later ones... No one makes the early bearings!!
The clutch and flywheel titally different
You can make later parts fit, for example the rear drive couplings...
You simply swap the entire rear suspension wishbones included...

I would advise anyone with an N to speak to Andrea at Passione 500 in Italy, he has an N and still has some original parts and he knows a lot of people who have parts..
But understand that N parts usually carry a premium...
other examples
Original N rocker cover £150+ F £35
N sun visors £200+ F £30-40
N Clutch Fluid resevoir £450 F £12 (big reason they were used on Very Early Ferraris too)
Whilst Mark Jays may not have many 'N' parts, he service is excellent---Mark runs "Motobambino". First class guy to deal with.

I'm just geetting into 500's (been a Mini fellow for years). But I've found and been advised that Ricambio in the UK and Axel Gerztl in Germany are the best.

Just ordered a bunch of stuff from Ricambio and they shipped next day to California. Ordered on a Wednesday night, scheduled delivery for Tuesday!

Also, if you plan ahead and combine orders I've found getting stuff sent from UK or EU is not that expensive and it doesn't take a super long time
Thanks man. I have a Maserati Quattroporte as well and got parts from Ricambio, didn’t put the Fiat together with them. Yeah the more parts the better pricing on ship and times I feel that’s best as well . I do want the 2” whitewalls, I’m in so California

Attachments

• IMG_8013.MOV
    44.6 MB
Back