Technical 500X Sport, 2021, automatic, purchased new — sometimes will not shift from1st to 2nd

Currently reading:
Technical 500X Sport, 2021, automatic, purchased new — sometimes will not shift from1st to 2nd

Alce italiano

It only happens every 5th or 6th time, but it happens, usually when just starting the car after it has been parked. The FIAT service technician asked if I might have bumped the gear shift into the manual mode, which would explain this. But I never have done this, and when it happens I check the “+” and “-“ symbols and they are not illuminated, meaning they are not engaged. The technician said I can bring it in, but if it doesn’t demonstrate the problem while it’s there, and if their diagnostic equipment doesn’t show any faults, there is nothing he can do.

My solution so far when this happens is to use the paddles on the steering wheel to shift up. But I may want to sell it at some point, and prospective buyers may be put off by this issue. Anyone else experience this problem with their automatic, and found a fix?

Grazie Millie!

Dan

Well new car it is up to the dealer and Fiat to resolve. The dealer can and should contact Fiat technical if they can't find or induce the problem.

Sometimes it takes several dealers to report the same/similar issue before Fiat recognise the problem and issue a Service Bulletin to dealers. Till that happens dealers are often unaware.

Well new car it is up to the dealer and Fiat to resolve. The dealer can and should contact Fiat technical if they can't find or induce the problem.

Sometimes it takes several dealers to report the same/similar issue before Fiat recognise the problem and issue a Service Bulletin to dealers. Till that happens dealers are often unaware.
Thanks, I will take it into a dealer that services a lot more FIATs than the one from which I purchased mine. If they find nothing, I will ask them to contact FIAT USA technical support. I tried to contact them myself, but when I called the number listed in my owner’s manual it only resulted in me being connected to the dealership where I bought the car.

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards from Maine

Back