Technical 500x Keyless Enter-N-Go Not Working on Driver Side

Currently reading:
Technical 500x Keyless Enter-N-Go Not Working on Driver Side

i9246

Hello everyone - I have a 2016 Fiat 500x that I have been lucky to not have many issues with however last week, my battery completely died on me to the point of having to get the entire system rebooted. The drive train was showing as unavailable so I could not shift the car into any other gear other than park. The shop was able to get someone to come out and perform a reboot and I'm back driving my car - hooray! However, now, the driver's side touchless entry is not working. It works on the passenger side and on the trunk so it is an isolated issue. Has anyone seen this happen before? It definitely does not seem to be a common issue and the Dodge dealership here wants $170 to even run a diagnostic on it which after spending $700 to get it back running doesn't feel great.

I've had that happen to me once, apparently it is quite common. The handle has an embedded sensor (I think there are 3 of them in total around the car), once that sensor fails, the keyless entry from that door will stop working.

In my case, a replacement handle was installed by the dealer for free because my car was still under warranty.

See here to start with: https://www.fiatforum.com/tags/keyless-entry-problem/

Certainly do/try then passive entry enable / disable.

I had tried to do this before posting but only left it for an hour or so. So I tried it again and left it alone for a full 24 hours and still nothing on the drivers side. Would it be logical that the sensor was fried by the battery going bad?

Back