Technical 500x 1.4 oil filter location?

Currently reading:
Technical 500x 1.4 oil filter location?

Bozzo

Doing an oil change on my wife's 2016 500x 1.4 multiair, is the oil filter located in the bay or underneath?
Any advice on oils will also be helpful.

Oil filter is located on the front RHS of the engine (as viewed from front passenger seats). If standing in front of the car then it is on the front LHS of the engine block.

You are looking for a black plastic round and dome shaped item with a 32mm (?) integrated hexagonal nut on top.

Note the filter is an insert filter and NOT an old style metal canister screw on type.

Oil filter is located on the front RHS of the engine (as viewed from front passenger seats). If standing in front of the car then it is on the front LHS of the engine block.

You are looking for a black plastic round and dome shaped item with a 32mm (?) integrated hexagonal nut on top.

Note the filter is an insert filter and NOT an old style metal canister screw on type.
Nice one, is it under the engine cover?

Actually some of the later 1.4 Multiair engines are spin on filters not cartridge.

Actually some of the later 1.4 Multiair engines are spin on filters not cartridge.
Thanks. I didn't know that. Rather odd as Fiat in keeping with others and green lobby had gone over to cartridge from metal spin on canisters.

Personally I much prefer the spin on canisters because even if they stick/bind you can still get them off with brute force. The plastic screw on lins for the cartidge type are horrible. Suffer from at least three major issues:

1) Often you can not get a good square socket fit on the lid nut. On my Croma 2005 I had to use two extension bars into the off side wheel arch and a swivel joint

2) The lids can really sieze up. I've tried oil and moly grease on the rim lips and 'O' rings but never seems to work

3) With 1) and/or 2) the plastic nut head can get really messed up and you can't resort to the old screw driver puncture method

I use to like the central frugal spinning filter on my 600D. Was really intesting to see and prise out the grey paste/gunge of those minute particles all spun out. On modern paper/canister filters you never see those filtered deposits.

Thanks. I didn't know that. Rather odd as Fiat in keeping with others and green lobby had gone over to cartridge from metal spin on canisters.

Personally I much prefer the spin on canisters because even if they stick/bind you can still get them off with brute force. The plastic screw on lins for the cartidge type are horrible. Suffer from at least three major issues:

1) Often you can not get a good square socket fit on the lid nut. On my Croma 2005 I had to use two extension bars into the off side wheel arch and a swivel joint

2) The lids can really sieze up. I've tried oil and moly grease on the rim lips and 'O' rings but never seems to work

3) With 1) and/or 2) the plastic nut head can get really messed up and you can't resort to the old screw driver puncture method

I use to like the central frugal spinning filter on my 600D. Was really intesting to see and prise out the grey paste/gunge of those minute particles all spun out. On modern paper/canister filters you never see those filtered deposits.
Yes, I quite agree, spin off filters are much easier to change. You don't have to faff around with oil seals and hoping you have put it in the right way round and hope it doesn't leak. On my previous diesel Yeti it was a right pain to change the cartridge oil filter with two oil/ o rings to change and it had to be wangled out at an angle ensuring you got covered in oil.

Back