Technical 500L DRL bulbs

Currently reading:
Technical 500L DRL bulbs

How to gain entry to change them? At night my drl's change to sidelights they are yellow and look shocking so I'd like to fit led's. Thank you

On the rear of the light units there are rubber covers remove these and you can extract the DRL bulbs.

If you have big hands like me you may find access is easier by removing the small access covers in the wheel arches. I couldn't get one of mine off when I needed to change one of mine though and had to struggle with access without going through the wheel arch.

Turning the wheel onto full lock helps access to the covers in the wheel arches considerably.

I'll look at it thanks, hate the yellow look at night, going to look into fitting error free led's or the xenon white bulbs.

Hi all,

As promised a quick review/update on my bulb upgrades. Due to the weather I have not managed to fit the new LED DRL bulbs yet but as soon as I can, I will. In the meantime here is a small review of the H7 Dipped beam bulbs I fitted - Ring Xenon Ultima +120%. As a point of reference I shall compare these bulbs to the Osram Nightbreakers that I have used many times as these are typically considered by many people on many forums including this one to be one of the best of the non-Xenon HID 'regular' bulbs.

The new bulbs fitted in OK, although the 500L bulb removal is physically tough and the manual states removal of the bulb in its bulb holder but that wasn't the car in my lights. The bulb was just in the light hole and clipped in. It needed a lot of force to pull out.

Before I go any further let me make one statement. I have fitted many bulbs to many cars over the years and anyone who thinks a regular Halogen/Xenon gas filled bulb can be as bright and crisp as a xenon bulb is mistaken. it isn't the case. Some get close but they are never as good, so any bulb that is advertise like it is, I would always be sceptical.

Performance

The light is as close to solid xenon white as I have ever seen. If solid white was 100 on a scale then I would award these a 90. They are quite brilliant white with only a hint of warmer white/yellow in them if you look hard. To all intents and purposes to oncoming traffic they look bright white! As good as the Osram Nightbreakers IMO. Light 10/10.

The Ring +120s add an extra 10-15m which I thought would be a little more when compared to the OEM bulb distance but up to the drop-off point they are solid white light with out any fade. The same goes right across the beams pattern to the edges. Very impressive. The night breakers seemed to go a little further still. (Don't get me wrong the Ring bulbs go a LONG way overall, its just the night breakers are known to go really far.) Its literally only the extra 5m the Osrams go, but the quality of light to that point is NOT as good as the Rings. It is more my expectations I guess that they would have gone really REALLY far.
Distance 9/10.

The beam scatter is WAY better than the OEMs that were fitted. With solid light right o the edges with minimal drop off and they go nice and high on the left side, illuminating sings very well and providing a great visual reference of where the edge of the road is. They light up the lower part of the road and verge like fogs do! Pattern 10/10

Safety 10/10.
Styling 10/10 (for regular type bulbs)

Overall I would score these a 9.5/10. I can't comment on longevity as they have only been in a few days. Would I recommend these and buy again instead of Osram Nightbreakers and Phillips Extreme Vision...yes I would as overall they are better.

All that performance for £15...half the price of the Phillips and Osrams on average.

Here are some pics to see of external shots. Ill get an internal shot tomorrow and post up. When I fit the LED DRLs are do a mini review like above also.
Great to hear you've had good results from these new bulbs!
I drive quite a bit in Europe (France, Belgium, Germany) and use beam deflector stickers on the headlamps to avoid dazzling Johnny Foreigner when driving in the dark. I don't suppose you could comment on how these bulbs affect, firstly, light spead in the dipped beam pattern (Would beam deflector stickers work on a higher light output? Probably a daft question!) and, secondly, is there a greater heat output from them?

Back