General 500e range at motorway 110 km/h in minus degrees

Currently reading:
General 500e range at motorway 110 km/h in minus degrees

Mads Gorm

Hi

Fiat 500e 87 kW range at motorway 110 km/h in minus degrees - have you seen any real world test of the range under those conditions?

Thanks for any help

At very low degrees (around 3) I would expect to get around 130 miles (about 200km) from mine. How much you use the heating will make a big difference. I have mine set around 18 degrees so not freezing but not super warm!

At very low degrees (around 3) I would expect to get around 130 miles (about 200km) from mine. How much you use the heating will make a big difference. I have mine set around 18 degrees so not freezing but not super warm!
Thanks for the reply👍👍

In this test the owner gets 183 km at 114 km/h at 25 degrees. If I then subtract 25% at minus degrees in the winter, then I am at 137 km. Is that overly optimistic or pessimistic, and have you seen anyone test it.

I need 130 km at winter, at I feel that a 137 is cutting it at bit short :)

137 km would mean it was doing 3.7 km per kWh. I think in miles (and miles/KWH-sorry we tend to work it the other way round in the UK) and that would be about 2.3 miles/KWh. That's a long way from anything I've every got near freezing. My worst economy on a very hilly route at about 70 MPH (112 KMPH) is 3.2 miles/KWh. This is a useful website and generally seen as pretty accurate: https://ev-database.uk/car/1285/Fiat-500e-Hatchback-42-kWh. That suggests 100 miles (160 km) at -10 degrees.

The way you drive an EV is far more important than in an ICE car. On my main commute at this time of year, I get about 4.8 or 5 miles/KWh. My wife, who doesn't often drive the car, did exactly the same journey at the same speed and got 3.5. It's not about driving slowly but smoothly. I use the "Normal" mode because I don't particularly like one pedal driving, but particularly on motorways with constant speeds the "Range" mode or the cruise control will improve things too as the car will smooth things out automatically with maximum regen etc.

I reckon that 160 km figure is pretty accurate if you drive reasonably carefully.

137 km would mean it was doing 3.7 km per kWh. I think in miles (and miles/KWH-sorry we tend to work it the other way round in the UK) and that would be about 2.3 miles/KWh. That's a long way from anything I've every got near freezing. My worst economy on a very hilly route at about 70 MPH (112 KMPH) is 3.2 miles/KWh. This is a useful website and generally seen as pretty accurate: https://ev-database.uk/car/1285/Fiat-500e-Hatchback-42-kWh. That suggests 100 miles (160 km) at -10 degrees.

The way you drive an EV is far more important than in an ICE car. On my main commute at this time of year, I get about 4.8 or 5 miles/KWh. My wife, who doesn't often drive the car, did exactly the same journey at the same speed and got 3.5. It's not about driving slowly but smoothly. I use the "Normal" mode because I don't particularly like one pedal driving, but particularly on motorways with constant speeds the "Range" mode or the cruise control will improve things too as the car will smooth things out automatically with maximum regen etc.

I reckon that 160 km figure is pretty accurate if you drive reasonably carefully.
Thanks - that would be enough for my needs - thanks for your reply.

Back